mooourad

Trophies
Website
www.metagames-eu.com
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I have this error when i load a "***gba***.nds" with my cyclo. (i have a 3in1 too..)
QUOTE said:
->Â Survived FAT init
->Â Error in EFS init!

Maybe in the next release it will work correctly. Wait & See
wink2.gif

4saken> Yes your NDS file will be bigger than your GBA rom.

Tested with: FF VI (E).gba 8.37mo -> FF VI (E).nds 10.2mo

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay 2 more questions
smile.gif

Files need to be patched with EZclient/GBATA right? Since the GBA is in a .nds, is the save created like the ones for nds games, or is it the same size as a save which would be created by 3in1 Tool or GBALdr?

I read that saves are backed up when writing a new gba rom. This means that each NDS file you create has this code built in so it doesn't matter which one you load - it still backs up the save? Correct?

It can add game icons too! Cute.

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have this error when i load a "***gba***.nds" with my cyclo. (i have a 3in1 too..)
QUOTE said:
->Â Survived FAT init
->Â Error in EFS init!

Maybe in the next release it will work correctly. Wait & See
wink2.gif

4saken> Yes your NDS file will be bigger than your GBA rom.

Tested with: FF VI (E).gba 8.37mo -> FF VI (E).nds 10.2mo

That overhead is a bit much. Output files should be approximately .25MB larger.

Is this the program you showed in the shoutbox yesterday?

Yes.

By the way, the title of the error window is EFsgba, there's a file called efs in the bin folder, does that have anything to do with it?

No, EFSgba was the working title because it's a GBA flasher that uses EFS. If you'd like, I can write up a quick tutorial on how to do it without the GUI.

QUOTE(4saken @ Jul 19 2007, 04:03 AM)
Okay 2 more questions
smile.gif

Files need to be patched with EZclient/GBATA right? Since the GBA is in a .nds, is the save created like the ones for nds games, or is it the same size as a save which would be created by 3in1 Tool or GBALdr?

I read that saves are backed up when writing a new gba rom. This means that each NDS file you create has this code built in so it doesn't matter which one you load - it still backs up the save? Correct?

It can add game icons too! Cute.

Files still need to patched. Saves are written to the .sav file at the size it already is. For instance, if you are using R4, it will store your save files in the 512KB file R4 creates. It also doesn't matter which file you load - the last played game is stored in a file called GBA.CFG on the root of your card.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
This is offtopic but I like how the mods put the readme file on the main page so you can read it first before downloading. Nice work guys
yaynds.gif

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow cool. Would be great if something like that would be available for F2A cards, but that will be a dream for the rest of my life if i don't do it myself I think ^^

cyklo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Works great! I look forwa5rd to seeing it progress, a really useful tool.

There's a couple of improvements I could maybe recommend...
* Some kind of progress meter (even just numerical percentages) for show erasing/writing
* Starting automatically if the ROM is written already (use the gamecode to identify?). That way, you can always use the NDS to launch the game and the long read/write only takes place if necessary.
* Different suffix for the written files by the .exe (.gba to .gba.nds, .3in1.nds or something)

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like a great app and certainly is a great idea. This is likely the first thing I will have a looksie at when I get around to ordering a 3-in-1.

On a side note, if you took those screenies of this gui and simple popstation gui, what visual style are you using? Just thinking of replacing my current dark one. Need something to bring some life back into the desktop.
wink.gif

Zendrik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Works great! I look forwa5rd to seeing it progress, a really useful tool.

There's a couple of improvements I could maybe recommend...
* Some kind of progress meter (even just numerical percentages) for show erasing/writing
* Starting automatically if the ROM is written already (use the gamecode to identify?). That way, you can always use the NDS to launch the game and the long read/write only takes place if necessary.
* Different suffix for the written files by the .exe (.gba to .gba.nds, .3in1.nds or something)

Well, most slot-1 devices have the option to boot slot 2. Once the game you want to play is flashed onto the slot 2, just run it with slot 2. Example, I own an R4. I make a .nds file of Riviera. I put it on my microSD card. I load up the R4(in my ds) i run Riviera.nds. It flashes the game to the NOR and I play. Next time I want to play Riveria, I just run Slot-2 instead of the .nds. Plus, you get the borders this way!!!

chuckstudios

Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks like a great app and certainly is a great idea. This is likely the first thing I will have a looksie at when I get around to ordering a 3-in-1.

On a side note, if you took those screenies of this gui and simple popstation gui, what visual style are you using? Just thinking of replacing my current dark one. Need something to bring some life back into the desktop.
wink.gif

I'm using Luna Element 5.1.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't really happen with the 3in1. Also, all 3 of the other flashing programs do it pretty much the same way I do.

How exactly do you do it, then? When does the save get copied from the battery-backed-up SRAM on the 3-in-1 to the flash on the slot-1 card?

chuckstudios

Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't really happen with the 3in1. Also, all 3 of the other flashing programs do it pretty much the same way I do.

How exactly do you do it, then? When does the save get copied from the battery-backed-up SRAM on the 3-in-1 to the flash on the slot-1 card?

QUOTE(chuckstudios @ Jul 18 2007, 07:09 PM)The saves are written to the Slot1 cart when you go to write another game.

Also, PSRAM loading is already finished and will be in the next release!

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Files still need to patched. Saves are written to the .sav file at the size it already is. For instance, if you are using R4, it will store your save files in the 512KB file R4 creates. It also doesn't matter which file you load - the last played game is stored in a file called GBA.CFG on the root of your card.

So is there a way to convert or input my current GBA saves (the ones made by Rudolph's Tool)? Thanks

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

The saves are written to the Slot1 cart when you go to write another game.

I asked you this again because I wanted to hear a more technical answer. I already saw your original quote.

If it only creates a hard copy when you write a new game, YOU WILL EVENTUALLY LOSE YOUR SAVEGAME! "Everything else" may use the same methods you use, but they also have the ability to dump the SRAM with the push of a button.

You need write a "slot-2 launcher" that would automatically:
1. Reads the contents of the battery-backed-up SRAM on the 3-in-1.
2. Writes the contents SRAM to the .SAV file on the slot-1 card.
3. Reset the DS and boot the 3-in-1.

You would run the loader instead of hitting the "Boot Slot-2" on the R4DS main menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it