Hacking NDSL Modding Problem

ChoboNiNjA37

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my package with my replacement screens and replacement shell for my DS Lite yesterday, and I started installing them today. This was not my first DS Lite that I've modded, so I have some experience under my belt.

This mod is probably the cleanest I have ever done it: I wore gloves and an anti-static bracelet, I put the DS MoBo into an anti-static bag while I was working on the top-half of the DS, every single part was handled with care
I think I spent a whole 30 minutes organizing everything and prepping everything to be used. I had planned to do LEDs in this one, so I had 30 gage wire hooked up to one of the holes on the top-left on the back for the +, and another hooked to the square close to it for the -. I got lazy to finish doing the LEDs, so I desoldered the wires off the board and cleaned it off.

Usually, I hook up the battery just to check anything (kind of to calm my paranoia). I press the battery up to the battery connector thing with the wifi board connected, and usually on other DS Lites I've done this on, the green light at least blinks on. This time it didn't. I have no clue why it isn't working at all. I tried hooking up everything else (screens, mic, antenna), but still no luck.

I'm pretty sure I can rule out ESD, and I cleaned off the board very thoroughly (first time I actually went and used a magnifying glass to do it too), so I don't think anything is shorting.
I even switched the new screens with the old screens (the old ones still worked), and still nothing. I also had a spare wifi board from another Lite, and still, nothing

Can anyone help me? (or at least tell me some other way I screwed up)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Blah. 3 of my NSO + Expansion Pass family group members are leaving. Found one replacement so far but still need to fill two empty slots. I have 9 days or i eat the extra cost myself. But with a full group $11 for a year is a good deal. imo
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    new ghostbusters was decent, not as good as the previous one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye,
    theres a new ghostbusters?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: