Homebrew [NDS] Yet Another nds-bootstrap Forwarder: more than 40 forwarders are now possible

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to find the latest news on a particular feature of DS games with nds-bootstrap. Has Wii-connectivity been fixed yet, or can you still not use your gen 4 Pokemon games and connect with Pokemon Battle Revolution?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to find the latest news on a particular feature of DS games with nds-bootstrap. Has Wii-connectivity been fixed yet, or can you still not use your gen 4 Pokemon games and connect with Pokemon Battle Revolution?
It's still an issue, see #415 for details. I think it's working now in some other games but Pokémon are still broken.

Reactions: MikaDubbz

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's still an issue, see #415 for details. I think it's working now in some other games but Pokémon are still broken.
Hello I couldnt get it work after i installed 3.9.10 python and I did the steps how to do. also i see that there is issues with 3.9.10??

LeMelleKH2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings! This is such a cool app, thanks so much for making this!

I did have a quick question. I have some previous save files for some of the games, is there any way to get it recognized by these CIAs? Or would injecting after installation using godmode9 work?

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Greetings! This is such a cool app, thanks so much for making this!

I did have a quick question. I have some previous save files for some of the games, is there any way to get it recognized by these CIAs? Or would injecting after installation using godmode9 work?
This works in the same fashion as TWiLight Menu++ loads saves. It is not an injector, it is a forwarder, a shortcut icon to your ROM.

So just have your save file in the `saves` folder right next to your ROM on the SD card, just like you would use TWiLight Menu++.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
This is great.
Currently few ... Improvements that could be there but is not much of an issue for me is having maybe a batch file made for more nooby people who cannot do them themselves (For me; it is I can, but I gotta do lot of googling for it too, not a big CLI user usually) - maybe one that takes a drag and dropped file and processes it. Also, if the tool fails to find a boxart online, it just faults without giving choices. I have not yet delved deeper; like if banner for technically-3DS-title is absolutely necessary, but for me box art free shortcut, if possible, would be a choice I'd like to be presented. If this is not possible though, I guess sourcing your own image for these titles suffices.

LeMelleKH2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This works in the same fashion as TWiLight Menu++ loads saves. It is not an injector, it is a forwarder, a shortcut icon to your ROM.

So just have your save file in the `saves` folder right next to your ROM on the SD card, just like you would use TWiLight Menu++.
Thanks so much!

Sorry to bug, but one more question. Im new to python in order to install this. When I try to pip install, I get this. Im guessing my line is written wrong in some part?

EDIT: all good! Probably shouldve installed the path...lol
Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 9.42.42 AM.png

Last edited by LeMelleKH2,

LeMelleKH2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. Sorry to bug again. I have two quick issues.
1. I have two ROMs that when I load says: "the dsi binaries are missing. Please obtain a clean ROM." I am able to boot into DS mode, but then the icon gets jarbled. Any way to fix the icon?
2. I am unable to use widescreen. I coped the pack as instructed in the YANBF instructions

Attachments

• IMG_2089.jpg
    IMG_2089.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ma
Hey all. Sorry to bug again. I have two quick issues.
1. I have two ROMs that when I load says: "the dsi binaries are missing. Please obtain a clean ROM." I am able to boot into DS mode, but then the icon gets jarbled. Any way to fix the icon?
2. I am unable to use widescreen. I coped the pack as instructed in the YANBF instructions
may I ask you how do you open command property in generator folder ? and run pip install -r requirements.txt

LeMelleKH2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ma

may I ask you how do you open command property in generator folder ? and run pip install -r requirements.txt
Yeah!
1: So I installed Python 3.9.10, and made sure to check the install to "PATH" box before installing. The PATH check is the important step. Then from there, I followed the YANBF instructions exactly. I cd in the generator folder then ran "pip install -r requirements.txt," written exactly like that. Once that installation completes you can use the app to create your CIAs.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah!
1: So I installed Python 3.9.10, and made sure to check the install to "PATH" box before installing. The PATH check is the important step. Then from there, I followed the YANBF instructions exactly. I cd in the generator folder then ran "pip install -r requirements.txt," written exactly like that. Once that installation completes you can use the app to create your CIAs.
how you open cd in generator? use right button on mouse i dont have any options to open cd :(

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just search for environmental variables in windows with the search box, go down to path, then make a new one with the name of the python folder\Scripts

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another option (can't recall if it adds scripts or not) is to uninstall python, reinstall it, then on the first page, check the box that says add environmental path. that might be easier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far