ROM Hack NDS Translation Project - Tales of the Tempest

Status
Not open for further replies.

miniskulljob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if you already found this but... I think I've found it.
Like boojumz said there's a font in arm9.bin, so I went and changed some katakana and... Yes!! The katakana changed in the game!
The problem is... It only changed the words at the menu, like the names of the items and something more.
I don't know if this will help but I'll try to change all the characters and see if it does something.

boojumz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yeah. it ried that one, but it didnt change the text i was trying to change...since i be a beginner, i figured it would be better if it worked on something that i wouldnt have to deal with something so troublesome...

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
miniskulljob said:
I don't know if you already found this but... I think I've found it.
Like boojumz said there's a font in arm9.bin, so I went and changed some katakana and... Yes!! The katakana changed in the game!
The problem is... It only changed the words at the menu, like the names of the items and something more.
I don't know if this will help but I'll try to change all the characters and see if it does something.
Well I've looked into it looking for the whole font set so I can insert a korean font, which I've failed to do so. (probably I accidentally skipped by because I didn't set the height/width properly?
well, more than changing the font itself, you need to look for a width table/ anything that works similar like a width table.
Because ToT uses the ugly wide font... can barely fit a sentence in a text box.

atdi198d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey im sorta new to the forum. im interested in the tempest english translation, is it done yet? i actually do own the japanese game, and i'd love to play in english without game brinks

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
atdi198d said:
hey im sorta new to the forum. im interested in the tempest english translation, is it done yet? i actually do own the japanese game, and i'd love to play in english without game brinks
The translation has been cancelled due to hacking issues.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm going to close this to prevent confusion and bumping as it has all been put to a dead stop due to hacking issues.
Feel free to start up a new topic if you figure your way past this roadblock and not just to request a translation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44