Gaming [NDS] - ToonFighterZ - Beat'Em with Fun!

LSD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
yea stupid idea , but you could have a character that is more then one toon. like ice climbers from super smash bro

hereyou can stop watching around 22 sec

not saying to copy them or their moves, but have twins character working as one.

Well, that's possible to do with our system but at this stage, adding another character, is not a good idea... so we would rather consider to add a similar character in a possible sequel release. Thanks very much for sending this link. Super Smash Bros is an awesome game
smile.gif

LSD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IzzyInfamous said:
Looks a bit slow for my tastes. :/

The game actually runs at 60fps with 4 characters. The movie could look a bit slower ( I mean with a low fps ) because of the video capture and youtube conversion. I think that youtube videos run at 30fps or something. We'll release a new video soon!
smile.gif
Also, if you're talking about the gameplay, please keep in mind that Speed is one of the skills and you can increase it while playing and evolving your character. Hope that u will like this game
smile.gif

cotyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This game is perfect for the NDS
gbasp.gif
does it have online play too? It would be really fun to have that but that could be laggy sometimes, You better have a lot of character customization features and combos in this Fighting game so the players will get hooked

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda odd to see a retail developer come here for advice. Not that it's not appreciated, it's always nice to have devs who listen to user input, but the fact is most of us don't bother buying games and end up pirating them. Although I'm sure that having people support a dev they know is better anti-piracy than some fancy code.

I was hoping for more of a SSB-type fighter, but that's just me. It looks nice. I like the 2-D animations. I'm also assuming it's pretty much controlled 100% with the face buttons out of probably touch screen menus. No one likes a touch screen based fighter, just sayin'.

Looking forward to it, it's nice to see a dev who actually cares about what people think than what the market thinks.

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, looks really cool, but it could have a bit smaller sprites, just a bit smaller and it could also have tag mode, like on snk vs capcom neogeo pocket version. Also id like to see supers, a bit faster gameplay with air combos would be nice too. And maybe, just maybe, destruction moves like guilty gear series. But those are just suggestions, game looks amazing right now anyways!

LSD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cotyboy said:
This game is perfect for the NDS
gbasp.gif
does it have online play too? It would be really fun to have that but that could be laggy sometimes, You better have a lot of character customization features and combos in this Fighting game so the players will get hooked

We are actually testing it online but we are not sure to put it playable on internet cause the gameplay would be affected. I am not saying no, but we are thinking about i. It will be definetely playable with a wifi connection. Thanks for your comment
smile.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
Looks cool, though the fighting does look a bit sluggish to be honest.
LSD said:
QUOTE(IzzyInfamous @ Mar 13 2010, 05:41 AM) Looks a bit slow for my tastes. :/

The game actually runs at 60fps with 4 characters. The movie could look a bit slower ( I mean with a low fps ) because of the video capture and youtube conversion. I think that youtube videos run at 30fps or something. We'll release a new video soon!
smile.gif
Also, if you're talking about the gameplay, please keep in mind that Speed is one of the skills and you can increase it while playing and evolving your character. Hope that u will like this game
smile.gif

He keep answering this lol

LSD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Kinda odd to see a retail developer come here for advice. Not that it's not appreciated, it's always nice to have devs who listen to user input, but the fact is most of us don't bother buying games and end up pirating them. Although I'm sure that having people support a dev they know is better anti-piracy than some fancy code.

I was hoping for more of a SSB-type fighter, but that's just me. It looks nice. I like the 2-D animations. I'm also assuming it's pretty much controlled 100% with the face buttons out of probably touch screen menus. No one likes a touch screen based fighter, just sayin'.

Looking forward to it, it's nice to see a dev who actually cares about what people think than what the market thinks.

Hello, thanks for your interest. The game is controlled with the control pad, including special moves. The touchpad is used to tweak skills in realtime. So the gameplay will result similar to classic fighting games as we want players to use their skills and abilities to beat opponents, not a simple touchscreen.

About piracy, we know that there's a lot of piracy out there and that is not really possible to stop that. Fighting it's ok but it's not enough. We really believe that if players like a product they should buy it as they will support developers like us to do a better game later on. So we want you guys to think about it and understand that playing a pirated game is bad as developers will not receive any support to go on, that it's vital in these days.
On the other hand we also understand that some players would not buy a game cause it's too expensive.
So I promise that we will try to do our best to place this product on the market at the cheaper price that we can negotiate with our publisher.

Cheers,
LSD

Posts merged

KingVamp said:
Demonbart said:
LSD said:
QUOTE(IzzyInfamous @ Mar 13 2010, 05:41 AM)
Looks a bit slow for my tastes. :/

smile.gif
smile.gif

He keep answering this lol

Aahah, thanks mate for your help
smile.gif

LSD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
crook said:
I like the graphic style. Is this game for free?

It's not free. We are still dealing with some publishers but we will try to sell it cheap as chips.
smile.gif

We just want our team to go on and survive, so we will work on new games and sequels.

LSD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
joybeba6679 said:
Ok, looks really cool, but it could have a bit smaller sprites, just a bit smaller and it could also have tag mode, like on snk vs capcom neogeo pocket version. Also id like to see supers, a bit faster gameplay with air combos would be nice too. And maybe, just maybe, destruction moves like guilty gear series. But those are just suggestions, game looks amazing right now anyways!

Thanks man! The game is pretty fast (60fps) I think I wrote in a previous post about air combos, super moves and combo breakers.
We love Capcom vs SNK, as well as Tatsunoko vs Street Fighter. So we know what u're talking about.
The sprites are big cause the characters are very close but it will smootly zoom out up to 60% to allow players to freely move around.

LSD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
Wow man, it looks really good, hopefully it sells well!
smile.gif
If you release it as DSiWare, I'll definitely buy it!
biggrin.gif

That's a good question... we are not sure if it's a good idea to go just on DSiWare, as we will cut off about the 90% of the other DS players (DS-DS lite).
But it could happen.. we are not sure at this stage if we'll go just on DSiWare or retail sales, as there are lots of things to consider. We'll let you know when we'll estabilish these things with a publisher.

LSD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Demonbart said:

Thanks man. I like your avatar too (In Flames lol).
As I wrote before, the camera is very smart so it could be that the fight looks strugglish when it's closer to the screen. I think that's what u mean. So we are trying to archive the smootherst gameplay that we can, so the player will feel a direct control of his character and we want to make attacks and fights very technical to keep gameplay at an high level.
If you love fighting games with a touch of RPG, I think that you'll love this one
smile.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
smile.gif
np
LSD said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

That's a good question... we are not sure if it's a good idea to go just on DSiWare, as we will cut off about the 90% of the other DS players (DS-DS lite).
But it could happen.. we are not sure at this stage if we'll go just on DSiWare or retail sales, as there are lots of things to consider. We'll let you know when we'll estabilish these things with a publisher.
And in dsiware you lose the game when you get a new system :/

LSD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Noitora said:
LSD: What are your thoughts on piracy?

As I wrote before, the only way to keep it low it is to make people understand that piracy is a crime,
and the reason for that is because without receiving any economic support from gamers, developers will not survive and create other good games.
I also think that selling games at a low price will keep piracy low but that's just my opinion.

Remember that to create a games we put in it strong passion, time and hardwork, so much effort to make a product that you hopefully will enjoy.
Just think about this... getting it for free it's not really nice, am I right?
smile.gif

We really love our job and we really want to continue doing this, so please guys, we need you to support developers!

Cheers guys,
LSD

LSD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
QUOTE said:
smile.gif
np
LSD said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

And in dsiware you lose the game when you get a new system :/

True. We will evaluate the chance to publish with DSiWare, but definetely we would rather prefer to aim for DS / DS lite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum