Homebrew NDS tethering homebrew. Is it possible?

Gunfreak11

OP
Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure a signifigant portion of people here own an NDS and a Wii. Furthermore, I'm sure a portion of those use WPA, an encryption that the Wii can use, but not the DS.

My thought is that maybe through the use of bootmii, we could hack the Wii into acting as a bridge, accepting connections from a DS through WEP Open and then passing it along to the WPA router. This would allow us to keep our security in place, but we still have the conveniences of being able to play online with our DSs.

On another note, is there a way to rip the WiFi key used from the Wii? What about if we have it in its still encrypted state?

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
Gunfreak11 said:
I'm sure a signifigant portion of people here own an NDS and a Wii. Furthermore, I'm sure a portion of those use WPA, an encryption that the Wii can use, but not the DS.

My thought is that maybe through the use of bootmii, we could hack the Wii into acting as a bridge, accepting connections from a DS through WEP Open and then passing it along to the WPA router. This would allow us to keep our security in place, but we still have the conveniences of being able to play online with our DSs.

On another note, is there a way to rip the WiFi key used from the Wii? What about if we have it in its still encrypted state?

I dont think it would be possible with bootmii as its a recovery mode which turns everything except wired input (gamecube controller) and sd storage off

Someone could make an app but that app would need to be open to keep the connection open its pointless

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
terminal_illness said:
just switch to WEP. most routers can do both. why make things more complicated then they have to be?

Because WEP is incredibly insecure. Especially if you also have PC's on that same router it's a really bad idea.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem I've found is that the DS can't connect to an ad-hoc network, unless it's made by the Nintendo Wifi USB adapter thingy. I've tried connecting both the Wii and the DS to ad-hoc networks created by both my laptop and my iPhone, and neither has worked. Given that this is most likely how such a tethering application would be implemented, I find it doubtful that it would work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...