Hacking NDS parts replacement questions

viettai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm thinking of buying a few things from DealExtreme to fix up my DS Lite.

1. The touchscreen on my ds is messed up probably from letting my brother play Sonic and Mario at the Beijing Olympics game. Whenever i touch the left side of the touchscreen than it gets pick up as the thing more right of it
ex. a keyboard touching the letters A and S will get me D
I went into the thing where u can draw stuff and notice that it doesnt pick up in like a semi-circle of the left side of the touch screen
I tryed the calibration but it never stops just keeps repeating so i think i need a new touch screen
If I do need a new touch screen than is this a good to buy? http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3245

2. The hinges (I think thats what its called) are broken so when I open my ds the top half cant be put where u want so it can only be closed or open to the point where it is touching the bottom half for support
Can a protective case fix this problem or do i have to buy a whole new replacement case for the ds

3. This ones a small problem: The volume button on the ds is kinda messed up. If you push it about a quarter thats when u start to pick up sound and its hard to have it with low sound because of that cause after the quarter the volume change is bigger than it should be

If there are more problems I can think of I will post it later.
Sorry if its hard to understand the problem, I'm not the best at english.

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
viettai said:
2. The hinges (I think thats what its called) are broken so when I open my ds the top half cant be put where u want so it can only be closed or open to the point where it is touching the bottom half for support
Can a protective case fix this problem or do i have to buy a whole new replacement case for the ds

Never actually thought about that, but picking up my toddler's DS with its Nerf armor... that might just be a simple patch, it has it's own hinges built in, and would keep the cables in the same alignment as if the hinge wasn't broke... cheesy repair, but i will use it if i ever have a hinge break while waiting on a replacement case
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy