kohkindachi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
ChuckBartowski said:
dammit i need an iPlayer... Theyre just too expensive though. I mean $50 and you cant even play commercial roms....
lol that's the price for hardware, R&D etc, believe it or not it would have cost even more if they support roms

qwsed

Trophies
XP
Country
no, NO, NO. YOU CAN NOT CONVERT THIS TO OTHER FLASHCARDS!! ffs... its just like the mario & luigi topic all over again...

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is AWSOME. I would have ordered an iPlayer, but I already ordered a Dingoo A320... (I like both very well!)

Thank you Darkchen for the first iPlayer proof of concept!

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
robert91794 said:
is there any possible way to get this emulator working on othe flash carts?

Sure, you just need a flash cart that includes a CPU powerful enough to run a GBA emulator. I believe the iPlayer uses a 200MHz ARM chip. Keep in mind the emulator isn't running on the DS, the DS is just used for input and as a display, much like the gameboy player. As far as I know, the iPlayer is the only flash cart at the moment that has an onboard coprocessor powerful enough to do it but there is no reason it couldn't be ported to other flash carts with similar hardware, once they are available.

Dead Ghost

Trophies
XP
Country
Some questions:

1) By how much is the battery life reduced, when using the iplayer for gba emulation?

2) When you play a gba rom, can you make the image fill the entire nds screen? I hate black borders.

3) Can you play 32MB roms (the maximum size for gba roms, afaik)?

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dead Ghost said:
Some questions:

1) By how much is the battery life reduced, when using the iplayer for gba emulation?

2) When you play a gba rom, can you make the image fill the entire nds screen? I hate black borders.

3) Can you play 32MB roms (the maximum size for gba roms, afaik)?
[*]I don't know (I didn't have an iPlayer.[*]Screen borders will appear in this GBA emulator.[*]I don't it works... try yourself.
That's my answers.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Awesome emulator, but I prefer EZ Flash 3in1 in combination with CycloDS Evolution. Anyway well done DarkChen. I guess someday someone will release a good snes emulator for iPlayer as well.

Btw, some homebrew games like fandian or dawnseekers didnt work with iPlayer coz they were not recognized as homebrew files :/

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
antonkan said:
Since the iPlayer is much powerful than all Nintendo DS model, will the iPlayer can emulate PlayStation 1 (PS1) and Nintendo 64 games?

I doubt it. Even the PSP does not emulate PS1 games as the PSP's CPU is compatible with the PS1 CPU, so there is no need to run a full emulator.

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nl255 said:
antonkan said:
Since the iPlayer is much powerful than all Nintendo DS model, will the iPlayer can emulate PlayStation 1 (PS1) and Nintendo 64 games?

I doubt it. Even the PSP does not emulate PS1 games as the PSP's CPU is compatible with the PS1 CPU, so there is no need to run a full emulator.
What?! The PSP can run and emulate PS1 games (I just saw the PSP FAQ at GBAtemp). I'm asking that iPlayer can run PS1 and Nintendo 64 games.

(Sorry for my off-topic post)

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
lol, there's no way the iPlayer can emulate a PS1 oer N64 game, impossible. Wii has even a 729 Mhz CPU and what do we have? Crappy wii64 and psx emulators...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
lol, there's no way the iPlayer can emulate a PS1 oer N64 game, impossible. Wii has even a 729 Mhz CPU and what do we have? Crappy wii64 and psx emulators...

Actually the Wii PSX emulator works pretty damn well, most games run at full speed. The Wii64 emulator has been promising from the teasers, but in its current form isn't great. But 30 FPS isn't a terrible start. Don't go bashing people unless you can do a better job yourself.

D

Deleted User

antonkan said:
nl255 said:
antonkan said:

What?! The PSP can run and emulate PS1 games (I just saw the PSP FAQ at GBAtemp). I'm asking that iPlayer can run PS1 and Nintendo 64 games.

You missed the point completely. It's not "emulated" by the PSP. It's just the CPUs are compatible, and the software loads as if it were a PS1 :/

At least that's my understanding of it. Either way, no PSX DS emulator anytime soon.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
antonkan said:
nl255 said:
antonkan said:

Wrong. While it is true the PSP can run PS1 games, POPS IS NOT AN EMULATOR. It is basically the same as Parallels, VMware, or VirtualBox which aren't emulators (unlike Dosbox, which is an emulator). Of course, it is a bit more complicated than that due to the lack of a MMU, but virtualization is not the same as emulation.

Posts merged

warmijwilfaain said:
antonkan said:
QUOTE(nl255 @ Sep 18 2009, 09:28 PM) QUOTE(antonkan @ Sep 19 2009, 02:09 AM)

You missed the point completely. It's not "emulated" by the PSP. It's just the CPUs are compatible, and the software loads as if it were a PS1 :/

Correct, virtualization is not the same as emulation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...