NDS games not working

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Goodlogic, Feb 5, 2009.

Feb 5, 2009

NDS games not working by Goodlogic at 10:59 PM (1,481 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Goodlogic
    OP

Newcomer Goodlogic Member

United States
    Im new so go easy guys. I have uploaded a bunch of games onto my new Cyclo DS and some of them dont work. It just says Loading and freezes. Can someone tell me why that is from a technical stand point. Do some just not work such as, Tecmo Bowl, or do i need patches or what. I thought all game ROMS worked. Sorry if this has been asked a lot.

2. budrow66

Member budrow66 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I would try updateing the firmware on the Cyclo. You can find it on the cyclops website or in the download section here.

3. Goodlogic
    OP

United States
    Ive already done that so that means that the updates usually have fixes for those games right?

Posts merged

didnt work by the way

4. budrow66

United States
    Yes updates usually fix game problems but I am pretty sure tecmo bowl should run. Do you maybe have a lot of cheat codes turned on? Some games freeze if you use too many cheat codes. Also what firmware did you put on it?

5. Goodlogic
    OP

United States
    ok well its got 1.53 and i dont even use cheat codes so i dont know. There is so much to know about all this stuff. its overwhelming. ill just take off all the games and put them back on. Is it possible that a ROM is bad do I need to download another one.

6. budrow66

United States
    It very well could be a bad rom. I would try Backing everything up to the computer, formatting the microSD and putting it all back on if it still don't work get another copy of the rom and try it.

7. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    If it's freezing it sounds like a Memory card access issue (if the Cyclo itself is not at fault). Once you're happy that you've updated, format the Memory card with the Panasonic SD card formatter, let the Cyclo rebuild it's folder and then re-add a few ROMs. I usually get problems with freezing after a firmware update and doing the following remedies any issues i might encounter.

8. blanco613

Member blanco613 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i have a cyclo and that game and they both work. maybe its your memory card?
    did you leave it for a minute sometimes it takes like 20 seconds to start up a new game b/c its making a sav file. otherwise i would try updateing to the new firmware 1.54b1

9. Goodlogic
    OP

United States
    Did what you guys said backed up everything and updated again formated and now at least Tecmo Bowl works. thanks you guys rock.

10. budrow66

United States
    No problem thanks for being patient. Glad you got it running.

11. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    good choice on the cycloDS as it is the best or co-best with SC