Hacking nds games not loading whilest others are help please

ben49

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hey i need some help ( great site by the way )

i purchased a ds lite a year or so ago wich came with a m3 lite professional (of ebay) with several games on it already wich all work.
i have tryed putting a few more roms on there, they all show up with the icon and all but when i go to load the game up it comes up with a load screen and gets stuck there none of the origanal games do it just the ones i have put on there.
is there something im doing wrong or is there more software i need to be downloading??

your help is really appriciated thank you

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I think that this is in the wrong section, just to tell u for next time.

2. Hmmmm... It all depends on which games you put on there & in which format. If you haven't updated the firmware, i'd suggest you do that first. You will have to look on either here, in the downloads section in firmware, then M3 lite, or look on the official site for it for the newest firmware. The reason for this is if it had an old firmware, some games won't work on it at all.

If that doesn't work, (this is something for a noob, so don't be offended by me saying this) make sure you have extracted the games out of the .Rar file you got them from, & make sure they are named correctly. YOU CANNOT RENAME ROMS BY JUST RIGHT CLICKING & PRESSING RENAME!!! This is crucial. If you do this, the game wont work until it is renamed with a program made to rename them. For this, id suggest Rominator, make an internal list on ur pc for it in rominator by pressing the +, put your roms in that directory, then restart rominator. it should have ur games on it now, right click one, then press auto rename. do this for all of them, then put them into what ur using for the m3 (assuming is a micro sd like my r4). Attept to play it now.

If it doesn't work now, ur best option would be to format the micro sd. to do this, copy any games that were on it before to ur cpu, so u dont lose them & have nothing to do, along with the firmware. after thats done, go on my computer, right click the drive with the micro sd or usb for micro sd & press format. Format it to FAT32 if it isn't. If it is, then this doesn't have to be done.

If still not working, i don't know a solution yet, since i have an r4, not an m3 lite. Ill look it up if it doesnt work 4 u. Just PM me.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
In the worst case scenario, backup everything on your SD card. Reformat it as FAT or FAT32, and then re-copy the files to it. Make sure all your DS ROMs have the extension ".nds" at the end. If they don't, then simply right-click them and click Rename, then add .nds to the end of the file name. Truthfully, renaming ROMs has no effect on the ROM itself. I could take a Chrono Trigger ROM, rename it fish.nds, and it would still show up and load perfectly fine in my M3 Real. I know you have a M3 Lite, but the principle is essentially the same.

Checking for a firmware upgrade would be a good idea as well. This site usually has the latest M3 firmware: http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

And as gokuguy said, make sure you have extracted the ROMs from the ZIP or RAR files they may have been. For RAR files, download WinRAR and use that. You can get WinRAR here: http://www.rarlab.com

Hope this helps!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk