Hacking NDS Games 'n' Music

alexkun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question regarding NDS Games 'n' Music I've checked up a little and it seems intresting but my question can you play actual DS games with this? or it's just for music, homebrew games and emulators?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Don't get it, its basically a stripped down flashcart that doesn't run commercial games. Get a real flashcart as it can do everything a Games 'n Music card do but much more.

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Games N Music is really bad but it is the only commercial flashcart ( meaning its in places like walmart )so thats why people have it. It was my first flashcart and it was how i found ds hacking

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh. Games n Music sucks so much. All of Datels products die about a month later. Like the Action Replay it brakes all the time. And so does GnM

K

KnarfX2

When it was first announced I believe they stated it couldn't play actual games, but it could play homebrew.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jakob95 said:
Heh. Games n Music sucks so much. All of Datels products die about a month later. Like the Action Replay it brakes all the time. And so does GnM
i've had a max media dock for about 2 and a half years, and it still works perfectly. and its actually quite a good card, despite whats said about it. runs all my homebrew fine, only stuggled with one or two in the time i've had it.

Acetic Orcein

Trophies
XP
Country
SNN said:
I remember buying a Games n Music, thinking it would last a year, maybe more. The fucking thing broke in a week! I never buy from Datel anymore.

frown.gif
I'm very sorry to hear that.
Maybe that helps confirm 'it sucks' then
smile.gif

D

Deleted-119707

jakob95 said:
if you mean brick:
you can fix it if you have a flashcart and the ards rom.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GnM's suck, if you want more than homebrew.... nuff said.
I'm kinda mad though the spring loaded micro sd slot lost it's spring and casing fell off it one day long ago, yet that bastard still works somehow i've had the thing more than 2 years now....
went through 2 ds lite that the hinge broke on and one that died for no reason but the taped together GnM still works.

monzamess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a G'n'M for a while and gave another one to my nephew. They still work fine; no durability problems. They do not play commercial games. However they do play emulators, so you can play GB, GBC, NES, GG, etc games from them, as you as you get the emulator patched for the G'n'M (or apply the patch yourself).

Mine does NOT work with my DSi. I've moved on to an Acekard 2i.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr