Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

realwooga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, I just did all of the steps and sorry if this was said ( I must have not seen it) but when I installed the .CIA and opened it, the top screen and bottom screen are duplicated at the bottom. like it is trying to crop itself, but it just stacks on each other. I am on a New 3ds XL. Again, sorry if it was said, I am not the best at focusing on stuff.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, I just did all of the steps and sorry if this was said ( I must have not seen it) but when I installed the .CIA and opened it, the top screen and bottom screen are duplicated at the bottom. like it is trying to crop itself, but it just stacks on each other. I am on a New 3ds XL. Again, sorry if it was said, I am not the best at focusing on stuff.
That's a TWL_FIRM bug which happens randomly, so when that happens, just close the console's lid and open it again.

realwooga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a TWL_FIRM bug which happens randomly, so when that happens, just close the console's lid and open it again.
Yeah..sorry... I was about to actually comment again that I re opened the game and it seems to be fine. So I guess.. issue solved? Thanks for making this btw! This is gonna be helpful because I like to sort my games in folders based on the series. Thanks! See ya!

Reactions: RocketRobz

dysfunctionalriot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 games are not working, pokemon white and pokemon black 2. In forwarder it will not show the banner saying "WORKER_STATE_FAILED" in command prompt after dragging the game into the forwarder, and give a long error log when I try to generate a forwarder. It has already worked with pokemon platinum, so I dont know what could be wrong. I have tried 2 different dumps of pokemon white to see if that was the problem, but its still not working.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 games are not working, pokemon white and pokemon black 2. In forwarder it will not show the banner saying "WORKER_STATE_FAILED" in command prompt after dragging the game into the forwarder, and give a long error log when I try to generate a forwarder. It has already worked with pokemon platinum, so I dont know what could be wrong. I have tried 2 different dumps of pokemon white to see if that was the problem, but its still not working.
Did you try shortening the ROM's filename?

But_Why

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Sorry this comment is very very late. I need help, i'm on a mac, it won't let me make a cia file it only makes nds files. As you said,I should put the said command in the terminal. So I did, but it keeps saying permission denied. Do you know how to fix it?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry this comment is very very late. I need help, i'm on a mac, it won't let me make a cia file it only makes nds files. As you said,I should put the said command in the terminal. So I did, but it keeps saying permission denied. Do you know how to fix it?
Please check the FAQs in the first post.

But_Why

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hey I've noticed a problem with the forwarder that is different than your and any video tutorial. Mine says DSi/3DS card instead of just 3DS and the button for the nds to cia when I press it just cuts with a beep, here's a screenshot.
Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 2.04.22 PM.png

Last edited by But_Why,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I've noticed a problem with the forwarder that is different than your and any video tutorial. Mine says DSi/3DS card instead of just 3DS and the button for the nds to cia when I press it just cuts with a beep, here's a screenshot.View attachment 264397
1. It got changed from "3DS", since forwarders can be created for both consoles now.
2. That's not normal. Try using NDSForwarder (linked in the first post) on your 3DS console instead.

But_Why

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm sorry about this if I look like a total idiot but how do I use it on my 3ds exactly? I would like instructions please.

Last edited by But_Why,

Awesome_neos145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have but it when i enter the command and press enter it keeps saying permission denied no matter what i do.
You may have to execute within the terminal, "sudo [PATH WHERE JAR IS AND JAR NAME]"
or try "sudo java [PATH WHERE JAR IS AND JAR NAME]"
Sorry if this is incorrect. I'm not a mac user.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1