Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

brigcaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I am a bit confused. What's the path on the flashcart's sd card where should I put my ds backups? Also after replacing the GW files with the ones on the zipped file the UI is a bit messed up.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a bit confused. What's the path on the flashcart's sd card where should I put my ds backups? Also after replacing the GW files with the ones on the zipped file the UI is a bit messed up.
Put the ROMs anywhere in the flashcard's microSD card. If "Games are on SD Card" isn't checked, the location on the card model will be root:/ "Games/ROM.nds".

Reactions: brigcaster

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, thanks a lot for the clarification! A bit off topic but is there any chance to increase the 40 game limit in the future?
In the future, there will be an option to make hidden forwarders for standard DS games, so only apps like FBI can see them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm using the Gateway Blue Card as well and that seemed to fix the "Can't open _dsmenu.dat" error but now I'm just getting a white screen after the Nintendo DS splash screen.
What game are you running? The game compatibility is bad right now.

Reactions: Billy Acuña

spkuja

Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country
Hey all, I've just got a DSTT, but using forwarders I get a White screen after the DS Boot screen. Any ideas? (I've copied the files to my SD card in the DSTT and the files to my 3DS SD card).

It works fine if I use Apache Thunder's DSTT launcher, just not the forwarders?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I've just got a DSTT, but using forwarders I get a White screen after the DS Boot screen. Any ideas? (I've copied the files to my SD card in the DSTT and the files to my 3DS SD card).

It works fine if I use Apache Thunder's DSTT launcher, just not the forwarders?
Do you have "sd:/_dsttfwd/loadcard.nds" in the 3DS SD Card?

Last edited by RocketRobz,

OCD3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be following this guide soon, since I am going to be purchasing a flashcart in the near future. I have A9LH and so I could buy and use pretty much any of the flashcarts with forwarders fully supported, but I want the flashcart I purchase to also work with the Plailect Guide for MSET 4.X+6.X installation through the .nds version of Decrypt9 on old3DS since I often help people out with the guide. I know the DSTT and original R4 don't work at all on stock 3DS consoles unless you use ApacheThunder's special stage 2 Launchers or NTR launcher, so I was wondering what would be the best flashcart to buy to use for both purposes: DSiWare forwarders and to use on stock old3DS consoles on 6.X or lower (lower than 7.0).

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be following this guide soon, since I am going to be purchasing a flashcart in the near future. I have A9LH and so I could buy and use pretty much any of the flashcarts with forwarders fully supported, but I want the flashcart I purchase to also work with the Plailect Guide for MSET 4.X+6.X installation through the .nds version of Decrypt9 on old3DS since I often help people out with the guide. I know the DSTT and original R4 don't work at all on stock 3DS consoles unless you use ApacheThunder's special stage 2 Launchers or NTR launcher, so I was wondering what would be the best flashcart to buy to use for both purposes: DSiWare forwarders and to use on stock old3DS consoles on 6.X or lower (lower than 7.0).
SuperCard DSTWO will work best, but it'll drain your system battery faster.
R4i-SDHC 3DS also works, and it doesn't drain your system's battery, but games with AP might freeze at some points.

You can buy both, just in case.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated the "Ace3DS+/Gateway Blue Card" pack (in the OP)!
  • Added "savesize.bin" to the _wfwd folder, which I assume makes games that use save data work.
  • Wfwd.dat has also been updated.
EDIT: Pack is updated again.
  • Changed "_DSMENU.DAT"/"_DS_MENU.DAT": Cards should now work as normal without using any forwarders.
  • Added files for cards with the r4isdhc.com.cn web address.

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
:o Gateway Blue is now compatible, great, I'll probably switch to that to save battery (currently using DSTWO)

Sent from my SM-J700M using Tapatalk

OCD3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the R4i-SDHC looks good for what I need.

The Supercard DSTWO+ (nds-card.com only sells the plus model) is clearly the ultimate all around NDS (and 3DS) flashcart, but since I have A9LH on my old3ds and I already have stuff like 3DS CIA installation, injected GBA games, and snes9x for old3ds for occasionally playing a few SNES games on my 3DS, I wouldn't get too much out of the DSTWO's exclusive features that require that battery draining processor. While sure, they are nice, especially playing SNES games at full speed/compatibility on old3ds I probably wouldn't use those extra features enough to make it worthwhile for me to pay $54 for it. It would make sense if I had an original DS/DS Lite/DSi in addition to my old3ds that would really benefit from the extra processing power, but since I don't, it's way too expensive, especially because open source 3DS CFW has made traditional 3DS mode flashcarts a waste of money.

I might consider advocating one of my friends to get a DSTWO Plus though, because he has an original R4 (supposedly it's version 2 of the original R4, but I don't think that matters) and unlike me he is completely opposed to downgrading his stock 11.1 old3DS using a DSiWare Downgrade that I could do for him (he's really into Streetpass, and he would lose that data if he did it, so that was a dealbreaker, and we both have no idea how to solder, much less do a hardmod on an original old3DS). Since he's not downgrading anytime soon or probably ever, he won't ever be able to use his original R4 on his old3ds because he won't be able to install/run the TWL Stage 2 Launcher for it. So, a DSTWO Plus would be perfect for him because it would give him GBA and SNES emulation along with NDS support on his old3ds without A9LH or any downgrading. For me though, an R4i-SDHC sounds great.

Quick question: I'm getting my R4i-SDHC without a micro-SDHC prepackaged (because the price when it's prepackaged is pretty ridiculous). Do I just need to put the contents of the DSTT/R4i Gold/R4i-SDHC/R4 SDHC Dual-Core/R4 SDHC Upgrade/SC DSONE forwarder pack to the root of the microSDHC card I'm using in my flashcart to get the flashcart to work properly with YSMenu or all that? Or is there other steps I need to follow?

Last edited by OCD3DS,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the R4i-SDHC looks good for what I need.

The Supercard DSTWO+ (nds-card.com only sells the plus model) is clearly the ultimate all around NDS (and 3DS) flashcart, but since I have A9LH on my old3ds and I already have stuff like 3DS CIA installation, injected GBA games, and snes9x for old3ds for occasionally playing a few SNES games on my 3DS, I wouldn't get too much out of the DSTWO's exclusive features that require that battery draining processor. While sure, they are nice, especially playing SNES games at full speed/compatibility on old3ds I probably wouldn't use those extra features enough to make it worthwhile for me to pay It would make sense if I had an original DS/DS Lite/DSi that would really benefit from the extra processing power, but since I don't, it's way too expensive to pay $54 for a flashcart, especially because open source 3DS CFW has made traditional 3DS mode flashcarts a waste of money.

I might consider advocating one of my friends to get a DSTWO Plus though, because he has an original R4 (supposedly it's version 2 of the original R4, but I don't think that matters) and unlike me he is completely opposed to downgrading his stock 11.1 old3DS using a DSiWare Downgrade that I could do for him (he's really into Streetpass, and he would lose that data if he did it, so that was a dealbreaker, and we both have no idea how to solder, much less do a hardmod on an original old3DS). Since he's not downgrading anytime soon or probably ever, he won't ever be able to use his original R4 on his old3ds because he won't be able to install/run the TWL Stage 2 Launcher for it. So, a DSTWO Plus would be perfect for him because it would give him GBA and SNES emulation on his old3ds without A9LH or any downgrading. For me though, an R4i-SDHC sounds great.

Quick question: I'm getting my R4i-SDHC without a micro-SDHC prepackaged (because the price when it's prepackaged is pretty ridiculous). Do I just need to put the contents of the DSTT/R4i Gold/R4i-SDHC/R4 SDHC Dual-Core/R4 SDHC Upgrade/SC DSONE forwarder pack to the root of the microSDHC card I'm using in my flashcart to get the flashcart to work properly? Or is there other steps I need to follow?
Put the contents of "for Slot-1 microSD" to the root of the card, and put the contents of "for 3DS SD Card" to the root of the 3DS SD Card.

OCD3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The R4i-SDHC and the R4i-SDHC RTS are essentially identical flashcarts except the RTS has the real time save feature, right? As in, is there no difference between the two cards on game/fowarder compatibility?

Last edited by OCD3DS,

OCD3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all of your help, I'm going with the R4i-SDHC RTS then! If my friend wanted a simple upgrade to his original R4 that he could play on his stock 11.1 3DS (rather than a massive leap from R4 to DSTWO Plus) would you still recommend the R4i-SHDC/R4i-SDHC RTS for that?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all of your help, I'm going with the R4i-SDHC RTS then! If my friend wanted a simple upgrade to his original R4 that he could play on his stock 11.1 3DS (rather than a massive leap from R4 to DSTWO Plus) would you still recommend the R4i-SHDC/R4i-SDHC RTS for that?
Yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...