RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. I thought I already had it from another utility I used, but I even re-downloaded and updated just to make sure.
@Olmectron might know what to do then.

btw, since you've been tagged, any chance you can package it into a .exe again, in hopes of solving some people's issues where it won't run?

shizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

btw, since you've been tagged, any chance you can package it into a .exe again, in hopes of solving some people's issues where it won't run?
I fixed it. My GoogleFu is godlike.

Just need to run an .exe called "Jarfix" to re-associate .jar files with the correct program.

I'd link it but new members can't post links. It's "Jarfix" by Johann N. Löfflmann.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Don't quote on this, but I may have some time this weekend.

But again, I've said that 4 times already about releasing the source code, and I always forget.

Let's hope this time I actually get the time and remember about this.

I'll try, I promise.

Reactions: RocketRobz

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't quote on this, but I may have some time this weekend.

But again, I've said that 4 times already about releasing the source code, and I always forget.

Let's hope this time I actually get the time and remember about this.

I'll try, I promise.
Don't worry. Stuff happens. :)

Reactions: Olmectron

shizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry. Stuff happens. :)
One thing though, does this only work if I have the actual SD card connected to my PC? I have been using FTPD to transfer files back and forth to my n3DS since it's kind of a pain to remove it.

I generated the .cia for DQV on my PC, but after transferring/installing on my n3DS nothing seems to happen. Is there a way to accomplish this without connecting my actual SD card to my PC?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing though, does this only work if I have the actual SD card connected to my PC? I have been using FTPD to transfer files back and forth to my n3DS since it's kind of a pain to remove it.

I generated the .cia for DQV on my PC, but after transferring/installing on my n3DS nothing seems to happen. Is there a way to accomplish this without connecting my actual SD card to my PC?
You'll need to manually specify the path. Just uncheck "Automatically set ROM path", and replace "Games" with "roms/nds" or wherever your ROM is at.

shizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need to manually specify the path. Just uncheck "Automatically set ROM path", and replace "Games" with "roms/nds" or wherever your ROM is at.
Hm, still not working. Have the .nds file in "ROMs/NDS" and updated the path in the app to reflect that.

Do I still need to "Keep NDS files" and then copy the new .nds to my chosen directory? The only thing I currently have checked is "Auto-random TID."

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, still not working. Have the .nds file in "ROMs/NDS" and updated the path in the app to reflect that.

Do I still need to "Keep NDS files" and then copy the new .nds to my chosen directory? The only thing I currently have checked is "Auto-random TID."
No.

shizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah man. After trying again now I have 3 bubbles for DQV, none of which launch. I think there was a delay or something in creating the forwards, so now I've got these things pointing to directories that I already deleted.

Any way to remove these forwards? They don't show up in the installed software list in settings.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah man. After trying again now I have 3 bubbles for DQV, none of which launch. I think there was a delay or something in creating the forwards, so now I've got these things pointing to directories that I already deleted.

Any way to remove these forwards? They don't show up in the installed software list in settings.
They're DSiWare, so try checking there.
Also, uncheck the random TID option, so you won't have multiple forwarders for the same game.

shizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're DSiWare, so try checking there.
Also, uncheck the random TID option, so you won't have multiple forwarders for the same game.
Found them using FBI and removed. After going through the process again without TID checked, working as intended. DQV looking sexy on my home screen.

Thank you!!! I can't believe I waited this long to hack my system.

Reactions: RocketRobz

Giygas_95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 Do you know anything about my issue? I posted it already, but here it is:

When I click the floppy disk icon, I get a generated folder with empty folders inside. I'm targeting 3DS SD card, and I automatically set ROM path. I'm using ROMs of the DS Castlevania games, and I'm running Java 8 on Windows 10. The terminal says "Exception in thread 'JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1413632". Any ideas?

I got someone else to make the cias for me, and Dawn of Sorrow works, but Portrait and Order of Ecclesia wouldn't install. It just says this:

Failed to install CIA file.
Result code: 0xC8A08035
Level: Status (25)
Summary: Invalid state (5)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: <unknown> (53)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 Do you know anything about my issue? I posted it already, but here it is:

When I click the floppy disk icon, I get a generated folder with empty folders inside. I'm targeting 3DS SD card, and I automatically set ROM path. I'm using ROMs of the DS Castlevania games, and I'm running Java 8 on Windows 10. The terminal says "Exception in thread 'JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1413632". Any ideas?

I got someone else to make the cias for me, and Dawn of Sorrow works, but Portrait and Order of Ecclesia wouldn't install. It just says this:

Failed to install CIA file.
Result code: 0xC8A08035
Level: Status (25)
Summary: Invalid state (5)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: <unknown> (53)
Try uninstalling some DSiWare or forwarders.

RKrischna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mario & Luigi - Bowser's Inside Story, New Super Mario Bros. or Mario Party DS, but the nds-bootstrap compatibility list says that all this games doesn't work with nds-bootstrap. What I also noticed is that when I use european Roms, the game nevertheless is English what doesn't make sence, but thats what happening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/AjP7B2QFB9E?si=5qT8Ov9brYiIhoGi