Hacking NDS Flashcard for Christmas

Dylaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I've decided I want to get my sister a flashcard for Christmas seeing though she's always wanting to use mine... Question is, should I buy another R4, or be evil and buy myself a CycloDS, AceKard RPG or M3DSReal? (I'd give her my R4) Any recommendations of where to buy? I'd need it here a few days before Christmas. (To Australia) Thanks!

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To get it fast (but more expensive) go to ozmodchips.com. Highly recommended
smile.gif

Dylaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough... I was asking for recommendations as to which device I should buy, not just the shop.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Buy Cyclo, give sister R4. Done.
Worst advise possible. Cyclo Evo's recent batch 3 shipments have been NOTORIOUS(I can't stress that enough) for DOA. DOA means dead on arrival. A lot of cyclo DS carts have been reported not even working for a single day. Others work for a week then break leaving you completely "cartless" until you can get a replacement which will AT LEAST take 3 WEEKS! I say whatever you do, DO NOT buy a cyclo as you will be one unhappy person for christmas if you find out you paid all that money for something that doesn't even work. Head over to cyclo section here and check out the reliability thread on the cyclo and you really won't want to make a purchase.

I personally would REALLY want a Acekard RPG. I mean, how can you resist that awesome shell and the one GIG of flash memory with NO SLOWDOWNS at all. It even works with micro sd so you can share rOMs on the go. Put in a friends Microsd and copy/paste your roms from your flash memory onto his microsd! That's revolutionary IMO.

Do whatever you want. The acekard is a bit expensive though and cyclo is definitely not worth it.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
yeah, its not that evil, since she is not into DS as you appers to be, so R4 or something else wouldnt differ for her as long as "IT" runs the games.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Worst advise possible. Cyclo Evo's recent batch 3 shipments have been NOTORIOUS(I can't stress that enough) for DOA. DOA means dead on arrival. A lot of cyclo DS carts have been reported not even working for a single day. Others work for a week then break leaving you completely "cartless" until you can get a replacement which will AT LEAST take 3 WEEKS! I say whatever you do, DO NOT buy a cyclo as you will be one unhappy person for christmas if you find out you paid all that money for something that doesn't even work. Head over to cyclo section here and check out the reliability thread on the cyclo and you really won't want to make a purchase.

I personally would REALLY want a Acekard RPG. I mean, how can you resist that awesome shell and the one GIG of flash memory with NO SLOWDOWNS at all. It even works with micro sd so you can share rOMs on the go. Put in a friends Microsd and copy/paste your roms from your flash memory onto his microsd! That's revolutionary IMO.

Do whatever you want. The acekard is a bit expensive though and cyclo is definitely not worth it.

Whoa, OK then, not a Cyclo. AceKard then. Or you can be a good sibling and get your sister a AceKard/R4/whatever + EZFlash IV/M3 Pro/whatever, plus a nice case and stylus, and maybe even a little external modding, and don't forget screen protectors.

Get her another R4 and get yourself a 3-in-1 or other slot2.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Or, if you are really cheap you can get your sister and N card/clone and keep you R4. lol. Only costs you like $20-$30. lol
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

roboz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Whoa, OK then, not a Cyclo. AceKard then. Or you can be a good sibling and get your sister a AceKard/R4/whatever + EZFlash IV/M3 Pro/whatever, plus a nice case and stylus, and maybe even a little external modding, and don't forget screen protectors.

Get her another R4 and get yourself a 3-in-1 or other slot2.
I see no point in buying a slot 2 right now or in the future(unless you want to use opera browser), cause GBA to me is kind of played out and I don't really like playing old games that came out more than 2years ago. Save your money for something else like a new 4gb micro sd card for your AceKard. Also, I wouldn't have recommended cyclo if I knew about the whole DOA.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

First of all, the G6Real has NAND memory too. It's nothing new.
From what I've heard, the Acekard RPG has horrible Download Play.
It's expensive as hell, closest price next to DS-X.
It's Open-Source gimmick has failed, miserably.
It's GUI is quite boring.
All it pretty much has is it's Copy & Paste between the NAND and MicroSD.
-Copying and pasting on any other device can be done by using DSO.

It's an OKAY cart, but CycloDS/M3Real/G6Real kinda blows it out of the water.

~Nero

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't really like playing old games that came out more than 2years ago.

We all know games like Mario Kart, Super Mario Bros, Mario 3, Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Super Mario 64, Zelda, Zelda II, LTTP, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Minish Cap, Metroid, Return of Samus, Super Metroid, Fusion, Prime, Prime 2, Prime Hunters, Star Fox, Star Fox 2, Star Fox 64, Sonic, SONIC 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Contra, Super C, Contra III, Castlevania, and many, MANY more aren't at all worth playing? Right.

(Bolded ones are on the GBA)

roboz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't really like playing old games that came out more than 2years ago.

We all know games like Mario Kart, Super Mario Bros, Mario 3, Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Super Mario 64, Zelda, Zelda II, LTTP, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Minish Cap, Metroid, Return of Samus, Super Metroid, Fusion, Prime, Prime 2, Prime Hunters, Star Fox, Star Fox 2, Star Fox 64, Sonic, SONIC 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Contra, Super C, Contra III, Castlevania, and many, MANY more aren't at all worth playing? Right.

(Bolded ones are on the GBA)
They are worth playing but just playing the with the most newest sytem is better. For example I would rather play mario kart with my wii because they are way more characters, way more tracks, and I can beat my friends on wi-fi. I'm not saying they suck is just that 50% of the time there is an even newer version that came out and is sometime better than the old(but again that is not always true). The only way I would want a GBA game is unless I really want to play this game that I haven't beaten yet and there is no newer version for it on the ds. (Heres you daily lesson) You can't always stay in the past, you have to move along with time so you don't get left behind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night