Status
Not open for further replies.

gordunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone is going to critique the fan translation scene...just leave it to the other contributors. If you do not know fluent Japanese, if you are not well versed in the ways of programming, than you have no right to say "Oh, this patch is taking too long" or any sort of complaining. Either that, or learn one of the above mentioned skills and get to work. Fan translators and hackers work for free, they do it because they want to learn, enjoy it, or are all around nice people. I have nothing but respect for anyone who has contributed a working patch of any sort, even if it's as simple as an undub patch.

*Note* I do not have the abovementioned skills either, which is why I don't give them crap. Also, this post is not directed at one single person.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Noitora said:
I have all the game's text ripped and I have also done all the hacking there needs to be done. If a translator wants to start a translation project PM me.
What's left need to be done? Why don't you release a patch?

sword414

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ShinRyouma said:
Noitora said:
I have all the game's text ripped and I have also done all the hacking there needs to be done. If a translator wants to start a translation project PM me.
What's left need to be done? Why don't you release a patch?

i think he means he figured out how to hack it, not that hes already done a full translation.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
sword414 said:
i think he means he figured out how to hack it, not that hes already done a full translation.
I never said anything about full translation, Noitora's project are mostly menu translation.

@ Noitora : You wanted to work on Blood of Bahamut but now you give it to someone else, it means either you're busy with something or you work on bigger/newer project
smile.gif
Can you tell us what project are working on right now?

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
neoxephon said:
Why don't any of you do the project?

I'm guessing it's because people who says a project is dead usually don't contribute anything or contribute very little.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
While I think reorganizing the DS sceme is worth considering, not being part of it I don't know if that's feasible. So many dead projects in a short time frame isn't doing people much favor.

Most translators who stick to their work however long it'll take are focused on SNES.

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
A lot of people keep saying all these different projects are dead. Keep in mind that not everyone wants to announce anything until completion. If it's such a big deal for a few projects to become inactive, then perhaps people should put some effort into doing things themselves. Translators have lives of their own to worry about too - they can't just run to every beck and call from a bunch of lazy fans unwilling to help out in any way. Try to understand, these things take time, and unless you want a hastily put together translation full of bugs and errors, you'll need to wait. It would be nice to have these things happen instantly, but as they say, rome wasn't built in a single day.

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
I was working on this, but moved on to Tales of Graces (wii) instead. My progress and tools are on github:

Link

Requires PyQt4 and Python 2.6. I can’t (or won’t) compile Windows binaries. I may eventually return to the game.

Neogetz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, (apologies for the tl:dr nature of this, the main point is the first line)

I'm looking for the tools to try a translation of this game.

I'm in no way fluent in Japanese but have been learning for a couple of years and want to try and translate this game as a personal project. I find that I can understand a lot of the text even though it is using many kanji I haven't seen before and the font is so small it can be hard to identify so others.
Unfortunately I have no tools to do this as I have never attempted such a project.
It is my hope that I would be able to make a good attempt on a translation if I could access the text files as I could then use my dictionary for the unknown kanji. I am a member of a language exchange so when I have completed my translation of a scene I will be able to check it with my Japanese friends to ensure accuracy.

If this project doesn't take too long, I have a lot of spare time at the moment to work on it. Until October I am free most of the time to work on it after which all remaining work would be slower but continuous as I want to use this project as one of my language learning tools.

All help gratefully received.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: CD-Rs should work fine on all 3DO systems