BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Thesolcity said:
BlueStar said:
Thesolcity said:
QUOTE said:
What kind of broken logic is that? You pay to participate in something hosted by a private company so you should be entitled to do whatever you want? "Hey, I paid to get into this movie, why the hell can't I spent the whole time making straight arm salutes and shouting Seig Heil!" "I paid to get into this club, why are you telling me to leave just because I took my clothes off and started throwing my own excrement at the wall, just because some people don't like it?!"

If you don't like Microsoft's rules, take your business elsewhere and stop being such a crybaby.

What are you talking about? Being naked and throw shit at a wall or going to a movie and spewing out nazi propaganda isn't even comparable to a little icon you can have while you're playing a game.

You're saying you paid for something as if it's a valid argument that means you should be able to have anything you want as your symbol, I'm pointing out that's utter bollocks.

Bah, I was just pointing out how BS it is for nothing but an icon can cause someone to cry so MS can bring out the same overused banhammer again. Its all crap, I could understand if they wouldn't shut the hell up about nazis and Hitler then maybe you'd want to report them.....but really....an icon?

And what's the point of your personal icon? To express something about yourself. If it's a picture of beer it means "I like beer" if it's a swastika it means "I believe in aryan supremacy and I hate blacks, jews and homosexuals", even if you don't really hate them and you just want to imply that to annoy people. Microsoft, being a business, does not want its paying customers to be faced with that when it logs on and it has the right to ban people for it. People have been warned by the rules when they signed up, they've been explicitly told now. There's no use whining about it and acting all entitled.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scott-105 said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Thesolcity said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
What reason does someone have to use the swatstika? And some Germans would find it offensive. (ironic I know) But still, I dobubt anyone who used used it as a religious symbol. If the swatstika wasn't the nazi's symbol, nobody would use it in the game.

I think all of germany finds it offensive
tongue.gif
And I don't know why someone would use it, maybe they just like the design? Bah, but the point is why would you ban somebody over it when most people don't really care?
You said yourself; the Germans care.
I care. I hate the Nazis. What they did was unforgivable.
not all nazis are bad. I knew a man, he was my grandpa's friend, and he was a Nazi, probablly the nicest guy in the world, but then he died
frown.gif
It's like saying that all communists are evil, power crazy people.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
monkat said:
Scott-105 said:

And they're mostly dead now (and the ones that aren't are old and feeble), so concerning yourself with what they did is a futile effort that serves to do nothing but waste time.

It is important to learn from their mistakes, not make a symbol taboo.
It may be futile, but most of the people using these symbols are simply trying to get attention. That REALLY bugs me. That symbol offends me, simple as that.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
Thesolcity said:
BlueStar said:
Thesolcity said:
QUOTE said:
What kind of broken logic is that? You pay to participate in something hosted by a private company so you should be entitled to do whatever you want? "Hey, I paid to get into this movie, why the hell can't I spent the whole time making straight arm salutes and shouting Seig Heil!" "I paid to get into this club, why are you telling me to leave just because I took my clothes off and started throwing my own excrement at the wall, just because some people don't like it?!"

If you don't like Microsoft's rules, take your business elsewhere and stop being such a crybaby.

What are you talking about? Being naked and throw shit at a wall or going to a movie and spewing out nazi propaganda isn't even comparable to a little icon you can have while you're playing a game.

You're saying you paid for something as if it's a valid argument that means you should be able to have anything you want as your symbol, I'm pointing out that's utter bollocks.

Bah, I was just pointing out how BS it is for nothing but an icon can cause someone to cry so MS can bring out the same overused banhammer again. Its all crap, I could understand if they wouldn't shut the hell up about nazis and Hitler then maybe you'd want to report them.....but really....an icon?

And what's the point of your personal icon? To express something about yourself. If it's a picture of beer it means "I like beer" if it's a swastika it means "I believe in aryan supremacy and I hate blacks, jews and homosexuals". Microsoft, being a business, does not want its paying customers to be faced with that when it logs on and it has the right to ban people for it. People have been warned by the rules when they signed up, they've been explicitly told now. There's no use whining about it and acting all entitled.

Implying an icon you can change at any time represents "you".

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
monkat said:
Scott-105 said:

And they're mostly dead now (and the ones that aren't are old and feeble), so concerning yourself with what they did is a futile effort that serves to do nothing but waste time.

Uh, no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Nazism

Aye - but did they have anything to do with the holocaust?

No? They just have ridiculously horrible beliefs?

Oh. Then I don't see how it has anything to do with what Scott or I were talking about.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
monkat said:
BlueStar said:
monkat said:
Scott-105 said:

Uh, no.

Oh. Then I don't see how it has anything to do with what Scott or I were talking about.

Oh well, neo-nazis may go around calling for the elimination of non-white races, attacking and killing people, planting nail-bombs in gay clubs, decapitating immigrants and glorifying the holocaust, but as long as they weren't actually there at the holocaust I guess it's fine. In that case, Microsoft should be forced to allow people to use their icons to support neo-nazism, that sounds only fair.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BlueStar said:
monkat said:
BlueStar said:
monkat said:
Scott-105 said:

Uh, no.

Oh well, neo-nazis may go around calling for the elimination of non-white races, attacking and killing people, planting nail-bombs in gay clubs, decapitating immigrants and glorifying the holocaust, but as long as they weren't actually there at the holocaust I guess it's fine. In that case, Microsoft should be forced to allow people to use their icons to support neo-nazism, that sounds only fair.
Monkat, he has a point. They directly support the holocaust.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
30084pm said:
swastika2.png

It's funny how rotating it 45 degrees makes it a symbol of fascism/rascism
Since when is that the sign of islam? And that celt one doesn't even look like a swatstika. And it doesn't even matter what it was before, point is, when people see it nowwdays, they think nazi, genocide, fascism, etc.

Its not the sign of islam its an example of a swatsika used in islam.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Scott-105 said:
BlueStar said:
Monkat, he has a point. They directly support the holocaust.

No.

Anyone can protest for all they want, be it abortion (or lackthereof), reform, or something more twisted. Attacking and killing people is a person-by-person element - being part of a movement does not force one to commit murder or violence.

As for 'glorifying the holocaust', many factions do not - only the fundamental beliefs of nazism (which have very little to do with the holocaust - it was just a means to a financial end).

Microsoft should not be forced to do anything, and I am in no way conveying that - I am talking about the societal role of the symbol. Making that symbol unpopular amongst ... people does not solve anything that you hold as bad.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
And how do we get from 'people should be allowed to celebrate the holocaust' to 'people should be allowed to display racist insignia on xbox live in spite of it being explicitly against the terms of service'?

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BlueStar said:
And how do we get from 'people should be allowed to celebrate the holocaust' to 'people should be allowed to display racist insignia on xbox live in spite of it being explicitly against the terms of service'?
Claim that it's part of your religion.

On that image a few posts above, the hindu one confuses me the most.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job, TC. Thanks for spreading this garbage to the GBATemp forums. This isn't news. This is a bunch of racists kids attempting to make their voice heard by a community that will now and always reject the mindset brought forth by the Nazi regime.

And to those who posts pics and text regarding "other" possible symbolism of the swastika, GTFO. Worldwide, unless you're mentally handicapped in some way, that symbol is now well associated with one of terror, murder and a general hatred for those outside of a particular race. No amount of cutesy pictures with labels attached to other races and religions will change that.

And to those who argue free speech, you obviously have little to know clear understanding of the American Bill of Rights (which is at the heart of this argument, as MS are a US based corporation). Even if they didn't have the rights to (which they do) prohibit certain speech under privacy agreements you entered into when signing up for XBLA, US freedom of speech is not unlimited. Feel free to visit your local library (not Google) for a more accurate understanding of the laws you're (US citizens) beholden to.

Thanks!
rolleyes.gif

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Yeah and the Christians killed many through the witch hunts and crusades, so should the cross be banned too? And next they'll be claiming Muslims killed many people through terrorist acts and ban the star and crescent? And maybe, they'll ban the hammer and the sickle for all the deaths the communists cost? And also the US flag for all the soldiers dead in all the wars?

Really, this is just hypocritical and discriminatory.

Plus, the people who want to use the insignia are most probably ignorant teenage wankers who don't mean any ill-will and antisemitism and were just like "hey, this is cool!". And the symbol has many variations, Buddhists use swastikas too and they are one of the most peaceful religions.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Domination said:
Yeah and the Christians killed many through the witch hunts and crusades, so should the cross be banned too? And next they'll be claiming Muslims killed many people through terrorist acts and ban the star and crescent? And maybe, they'll ban the hammer and the sickle for all the deaths the communists cost? And also the US flag for all the soldiers dead in all the wars?

Plus, the people who want to use the insignia are most probably ignorant teenage wankers who don't mean any ill-will and antisemitism and were just like "hey, this is cool!". And the symbol has many variations, Buddhists use swastikas too and they are one of the most peaceful religions.
No, the symbol itself is widely denounced, and demonized. For obvious reasons, it offends people to the point of anger. For a bit of reference of how many people used it: I have seen one Christian Cross, no Star and Crescents, maybe a few Hammer and Sickles. I have however, seen more Nazi Swastikas than I can count. Along with several emblems that have no place in a FPS than one where you play fully naked, and with ballistic dildos or something. Also, the OP has the punishment all wrong. According to the blog on the official website, the most that can be denied to you is a permaban from the Emblem editor, only in rare cases Live. Obviously, these first few are used as examples.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
So, someone came in here saying since they pay for Live they should be able to display whatever symbol they want. Yeah ok.

I'll tell you what, walk into any place of business with a swastika cuff on your arm and see how long you stay there. Seriously get your head out of your ass.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Hahahahaha, so Tempers here actually have a sensitive side. How trivial are we?

Symbolism is only used to gain a cultural, media, and religious influence among the masses of weak-minded individuals who can't think for themselves. Albeit, this may anger some, its true to the rest of the world. Let's keep on topic, ok.

This so-called symbol is being banned by MS due to the fact they own the company of the Xbox360, they are the owners of Xbox LIVE, they will still make money even if they ban your pathetic existance on their server, AND they can! You can yell, troll, and do the 'famous' internet last-call. It will make no difference since thousands of other players will enjoy the game w/o the symbol their gameplay.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
Domination said:

No, the symbol itself is widely denounced, and demonized. For obvious reasons, it offends people to the point of anger. For a bit of reference of how many people used it: I have seen one Christian Cross, no Star and Crescents, maybe a few Hammer and Sickles. I have however, seen more Nazi Swastikas than I can count. Along with several emblems that have no place in a FPS than one where you play fully naked, and with ballistic dildos or something. Also, the OP has the punishment all wrong. According to the blog on the official website, the most that can be denied to you is a permaban from the Emblem editor, only in rare cases Live. Obviously, these first few are used as examples.
It depends on the symbol's meaning if it is offensive or not, but I guess people nowadays consider every swastika a bad one.
closedeyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hopefully we get another pandemic and they'll be impossible to find