Black ops 2 offline multiplayer unhandled crash

vstar950

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My consoles have never been online. Out of three RGH consoles they all do the same. One of them has a mod menu. And the other two are just regular installs from the disc. Every game I have plays just fine that I know of in multiplayer except for this title. I just bought a couple more call of duty games off of eBay so I do not know how they will respond. Anyhow. When I boot call of duty Black ops 2 from the multiplayer.xex file, everything is fine until I add a second player to the multiplayer lobby offline. Once I add a second player to the offline lobby the game crashes. This is one of my favorite call of duty to play, and I would like to play this with some friends, but it makes it hard to play with anybody if I'm constantly crashing. Can anybody help me with what this problem is and how to fix it? I do not use any cheats during this. There are no trainers active. I am not hooked up to any online Network. And my user profiles have never been online.

EpicWinning959

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same thing is happening to me as well. I am actually using the BO2 disk in my RGH jasper. No plugins or mods.. as vanilla as it gets, Also updated to the latest firmware too (2.0.17559.0). As soon as i try to add more players to local multiplayer it intercepts a fatal error. Any suggestions? so far it seems to only be black ops 2

EpicWinning959

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That crash is being caused by dashlaunch. Something in your launch.ini...
I removed the launch.ini completely, upgraded dashlaunch to 3.21 and created a new launch.ini and still have the same result. Found some videos out there about updating firmware, and downloading avatars.. but to my knowledge I'm at the highest firmware that the 360 offers and since I'm not connected to xbox live (and don't intend on joining) I will never download my avatar. I hope theres a fix out there for this.. its so disappointing

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your avatar doesn't show up in the Xbox dash then you have to install the avatar update. The avatar update has only the avatar data and it doesn't update the fw on the system.
I doubt it'll fix your problem though..

EpicWinning959

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upda
I removed the launch.ini completely, upgraded dashlaunch to 3.21 and created a new launch.ini and still have the same result. Found some videos out there about updating firmware, and downloading avatars.. but to my knowledge I'm at the highest firmware that the 360 offers and since I'm not connected to xbox live (and don't intend on joining) I will never download my avatar. I hope theres a fix out there for this.. its so disappointing
Problem Solved! The fix was to apply the avatar update. Modded warfare explained it pretty well on his channel. Cheers!

alone_gg

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
If your avatar doesn't show up in the Xbox dash then you have to install the avatar update. The avatar update has only the avatar data and it doesn't update the fw on the system.
I doubt it'll fix your problem though..
how do i update it

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i update it
First see what firmware version you're on, do not install any update before checking. And also do only the avatar via usb, for the whole system fw update you'd need to dump the nand and install the latest fw version with Jrunner, otherwise you'll brick the 360.
If you're on 17559 (the latest), get the avatar update from here and install it.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup