Nazi Black Ops symbol adopters Slammed by MS

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 11,547
  • Replies 99

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
What reason does someone have to use the swatstika? And some Germans would find it offensive. (ironic I know) But still, I dobubt anyone who used used it as a religious symbol. If the swatstika wasn't the nazi's symbol, nobody would use it in the game.

I think all of germany finds it offensive
tongue.gif
And I don't know why someone would use it, maybe they just like the design? Bah, but the point is why would you ban somebody over it when most people don't really care?

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
30084pm said:
swastika2.png

It's funny how rotating it 45 degrees makes it a symbol of fascism/rascism
Since when is that the sign of islam? And that celt one doesn't even look like a swatstika. And it doesn't even matter what it was before, point is, when people see it nowwdays, they think nazi, genocide, fascism, etc.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thesolcity said:
What kinda society do I live in where this is ok? Geez, really? I should be free to have whatever symbol I choose considering I have to pay for "XBOX LIVE", but seriously none of you were in ww2, none of you went through that, the nazis are done for, they're gone. And MS is already ban-crazy enough as it is. Now I have to pay for online play, and then be censored and banned because some bastard doesn't like the swastika? Fine, here, using MS's logic and banning symbols having to do with groups that kill an ass load of people.....why don't we censor anything China related? What about North Korea? If you can't go through your life without crying when you see the swastika you probably should just kill yourself now, you weren't around during that time and its over with.
hate2.gif
You mad bro?

Man, you should settle down. The reason they're doing this is because, the the symbol itself is now viewed as racist.

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thesolcity said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
What reason does someone have to use the swatstika? And some Germans would find it offensive. (ironic I know) But still, I dobubt anyone who used used it as a religious symbol. If the swatstika wasn't the nazi's symbol, nobody would use it in the game.

tongue.gif
And I don't know why someone would use it, maybe they just like the design? Bah, but the point is why would you ban somebody over it when most people don't really care?
You said yourself; the Germans care.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
Since when is that the sign of islam? And that celt one doesn't even look like a swatstika. And it doesn't even matter what it was before, point is, when people see it nowwdays, they think nazi, genocide, fascism, etc.

It's not the religious symbols but the religious deriatives of the swastika. I know that isn't the Islamic symbol (moon and star right) and that's definitly not the hindu one (which is the "Om" symbol)

Thesolcity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
Thesolcity said:
BobTheJoeBob said:

tongue.gif
Ok let me rephrase that, German government. Its just irritating how everything is being censored for damn stupid reasons nowadays. -_-

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Thesolcity said:
What kinda society do I live in where this is ok? Geez, really? I should be free to have whatever symbol I choose considering I have to pay for "XBOX LIVE", but seriously none of you were in ww2, none of you went through that, the nazis are done for, they're gone.

You don't think there are any Nazis any more?

QUOTEAnd MS is already ban-crazy enough as it is. Now I have to pay for online play, and then be censored and banned because some bastard doesn't like the swastika?

What kind of broken logic is that? You pay to participate in something hosted by a private company so you should be entitled to do whatever you want? "Hey, I paid to get into this movie, why the hell can't I spent the whole time making straight arm salutes and shouting Seig Heil!" "I paid to get into this club, why are you telling me to leave just because I took my clothes off and started throwing my own excrement at the wall, just because some people don't like it?!"

If you don't like Microsoft's rules, take your business elsewhere and stop being such an entitled little crybaby.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
why do they get up in arms about this and not about the hammer and sickle?
or an eagle? or the american flag?

every country has a bloodstained history
if you're playing as a nazi then i don't see why you wouldn't be able to use the symbol...

(note: i haven't played much online of this game so i'm not sure if you actually can play as a nazi but i know there were some in that snow base in the single player campaign)

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
mercluke said:
why do they get up in arms about this and not about the hammer and sickle?
or an eagle? or the american flag?

every country has a bloodstained history
if you're playing as a nazi then i don't see why you wouldn't be able to use the symbol...

(note: i haven't played much online of this game so i'm not sure if you actually can play as a nazi but i know there were some in that snow base in the single player campaign)

No, you don't. The people running around with swastikas on their guns are playing as Russian spetsnaz, American marines etc. It's disingenuous to pretend it's role playing, people are using it as an expression of their own personal views, not their character's.

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thesolcity said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Thesolcity said:
BobTheJoeBob said:

tongue.gif
Ok let me rephrase that, German government. Its just irritating how everything is being censored for damn stupid reasons nowadays. -_-
But it's not a "damn stupid reason". If my country had a bad history due to a certain organisation that did terrible things on the same level or worse then what the nazi's did. I sure as hell would be offended it some brain dead idiot had it as a symbol for no good reason.

Thesolcity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
What kind of broken logic is that? You pay to participate in something hosted by a private company so you should be entitled to do whatever you want? "Hey, I paid to get into this movie, why the hell can't I spent the whole time making straight arm salutes and shouting Seig Heil!" "I paid to get into this club, why are you telling me to leave just because I took my clothes off and started throwing my own excrement at the wall, just because some people don't like it?!"

If you don't like Microsoft's rules, take your business elsewhere and stop being such a crybaby.

What are you talking about? Being naked and throw shit at a wall or going to a movie and spewing out nazi propaganda isn't even comparable to a little icon you can have while you're playing a game.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Thesolcity said:
QUOTE said:

If you don't like Microsoft's rules, take your business elsewhere and stop being such a crybaby.

What are you talking about? Being naked and throw shit at a wall or going to a movie and spewing out nazi propaganda isn't even comparable to a little icon you can have while you're playing a game.

You're saying you paid for something as if it's a valid argument that means you should be able to have anything you want as your symbol, I'm pointing out that's utter bollocks. Microsoft are not compelled to allow you to display your support for fascism, neo-nazism and racial superiority on their service, no matter what sense of entitlement you may have from paying five dollars a month.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>90% of the people using the swastika as their icon don't even follow the nazi ideology.
They just want to see how many people they can piss off.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Vulpes Abnocto said:
>90% of the people using the swastika as their icon don't even follow the nazi ideology.
They just want to see how many people they can piss off.

And logging on to XBL with the intention of seeing how many of Microsoft's paying customers you can piss off has been a reason for banning since the service existed, according to the rules you agreed to when you signed up.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/livetou

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/codeofconduct
QUOTE# Don't create a gamertag, profile content, Avatar action, Avatar content, or in-game content that references controversial religious topics, notorious people, organizations, or sensitive current or historical events that may be considered inappropriate.

Thesolcity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
Thesolcity said:
QUOTE said:

You're saying you paid for something as if it's a valid argument that means you should be able to have anything you want as your symbol, I'm pointing out that's utter bollocks.

Bah, I was just pointing out how BS it is for nothing but an icon can cause someone to cry so MS can bring out the same overused banhammer again. Its all crap, I could understand if they wouldn't shut the hell up about nazis and Hitler then maybe you'd want to report them.....but really....an icon?

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BobTheJoeBob said:
Thesolcity said:
BobTheJoeBob said:

tongue.gif
I care. I hate the Nazis. What they did was unforgivable.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Scott-105 said:
I care. I hate the Nazis. What they did was unforgivable.

And they're mostly dead now (and the ones that aren't are old and feeble), so concerning yourself with what they did is a futile effort that serves to do nothing but waste time.

It is important to learn from their mistakes, not make a symbol taboo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr