Hacking Narrowed my search, still too many options.

Demonstrasys

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to purchase a card for my 3ds, and I've been doing some research into the matter.

I've decided against the AceKard2i because it seems to have numerous contact issues, seems they have old versions of it floating around, as well as various other problems, such as not being updated.

The DsTwo sounds great, but it sounds like I'd be paying twice as much for basically a slow gba emulator and a decent snes emulator. Plus I dont like to trust official firmware I guess, the other two options have a much nicer unofficial firmware option, such as wood.

So, I'm going back to the old R4 I guess, I had one for my old DS Lite, need a new one now obviously. There seem to be many many different versions of it floating around, R4i-SDHC, R4-Gold, Gold Plus, and many more, just looking at the compatability list makes me wonder if they are all legit... I also remember a ton of clone business back in the day.

Close as I can figure the latest R4 is the R4i-Gold Plus, would that be the most compatible, and up to date card?

Considering ordering it from http://www.nds-card....w.asp?ProID=274
Site has good reviews and seems legitimate.

Please help me out here, thanks a lot.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
The GBA emulation on the DSTWO is not as bad as you have explained it, it's pretty good actually i've found.

If you are going for the R4i purchase then i suggest you purchase this one http://www.r4ids.cn/

Take note of the web address as there are many R4i Golds.

Demonstrasys

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick feedback, R4i gold works for me.

As for DsTwo, I've read that most gba games only play around 80% in the official emulator, and there are a couple of unofficial versions that improve speed by adding a fifth clock option, but it kills batteries. I don't have any first-hand experience obviously, only going on internet forums and hearsay.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Well then, I'll take your guys word for it, and may just spring for DsTwo after all.

Thanks for your quick and useful input.

I'm sure you will not regret it.

Get yourself a well branded microSD too, i have read the posts about problems with the GBA emulator on the DSTWO.

I use a Class 6 Transcend and i haven't had any of those problems, whether this is just a coincidence or not i dunno, but i thought i'd mention it to you.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Well then, I'll take your guys word for it, and may just spring for DsTwo after all.

Thanks for your quick and useful input.

I'm sure you will not regret it.

Get yourself a well branded microSD too, i have read the posts about problems with the GBA emulator on the DSTWO.

I use a Class 6 Transcend and i haven't had any of those problems, whether this is just a coincidence or not i dunno, but i thought i'd mention it to you.

yea a good Micro SD is always a good thing
mine using a 16gb Class 10
there pretty cheap tho nower days LOL

Reactions: 1 person

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The DSTwo is not just GBA/SNES emulation... it also has save/load state for DS games, slow-motion, the ability to toggle cheats on and off in-game, and the ability to play most new games without firmware updates. In addition the updates for DSi/3DS firmware compatibility comer fast.

You don't trust official firmware? That's likely because you keep getting fucked by R4 clones, and answer to that is NOT another R4 clone. The answer to that is a team that has updates and support and has shown it won't drop support for old models.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk