NandBinCheck double checking my NAND is intact

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Videomanman87, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Videomanman87
    OP

Member Videomanman87 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hello All,
    I am just double checking that my NAND.bin dumps from hackmii is intact/ok incase I have a problem. Running the check I see a few errors such as "couldn't find file" or a couple of signing errors. It seems to finish normally without any fatial errors from what I can tell. What should I look for? What would be a fatal error indicating a bad dump?

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    why don't u post the output?

3. Videomanman87
    OP

United States
    Because it was LONG and I thought that someone could mention what to look for rather than doing a super long post. :) I will do another and post it.

4. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    Nandbincheck is not used to make sure your nand dumps are good. It checks for errors in the nand dump. These errors would be errors found on your wii's nand when the nand dump was made. Regardless, you don't need a good nand backup. You just need boot2 bootmii installed. If you where to need to restore the nand you would just build a fresh and clean nand with giantpune's nand tools. If you don't have bootmii installed as boot2, but only ios, the nand backup is useless, but you do need the nand keys that are made when you make it. As for having a good dump or not, bootmii verifies the nand dump after you make it.

5. Videomanman87
    OP

United States
    Thanks Maui. I know bootmii does a verify, but I know I saw a post talking about Nandbincheck was a good way to verify ones backup. I thought it odd that the bootmii should be enough, but hey I like to be cautious so I thought I would double check it. Thanks for clarifying.