NAND Restore (keep a9lh)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by ETMew, Jan 25, 2017.

1. ETMew
    OP

ETMew Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2016
    United States
    Hey GBATemp,

So I've been following a tutorial for help with installing Luma CFW. Now the problem I'm having is every time I boot decrypt9 to try and restore my NAND with arm9loader I keep getting a message saying I have no usable file. Now I'm 100% sure I restored my nand because I followed the steps correctly and only now experienced my first hiccup. My NANDmin.bin folder as well and I can't figure out why it's not able to read the file. If someone can help me I'll try to answer as many questions as I could to help find an answer for this, I was thinking about doing a forced NAND restore but I want to save that for an ultimatum.

tl;dr title + no usable file founded installing luma 3ds cfw

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    First, I recommend you use Hourglass9 for this so you don't accidentally overwrite A9LH. Second, where did you put your NAND file? It should be in the files9 folder.

Edit: Third, it's never a good idea to use YouTube guides. They're sometimes wrong with no accountability, and they're often outdated. This is the guide to use, for future reference: https://3ds.guide

Last edited by Lacius, Jan 25, 2017
    BL4Z3D247 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice