Hardware nand flash dump (3ds xl)

illicit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wings.png

if you bought the adapters i linked you will have to use needle nose pliers or something to bend these wings off before you can fit it inside.

illicit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks i'm going to be doing this also only i'm going to add data3 to pin 4 and i have ordered a microusb cable extension that has 5 wires so i can have that functionality just in case i need to un-brick.

links to the said extension cable?

Gizmo1k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have my doubts, but prove me wrong and let me know when you get it if it actually has wires to all 5 pins

Will do. i did a bunch of research yesterday... what i came up with was this one and a short motorola brand extender have all 5 wires in it. didn't want the motorola cause it seemed too small. there was quite a bit of chatter on the web about this for people making their own OTG Cables with charging capability. needless to say i'm pretty confident but i'll report back once it shows up and i cut it apart.

inian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really curious how do you manage to solder wires to micro usb connector... the pins are so damn close??

Habbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm really curious how do you manage to solder wires to micro usb connector... the pins are so damn close??

Soldering inside of the SD adapter is just as bad lol
Here`s mine:

Before:
2lw18d0.jpg

After:
ap77l2.jpg

Thankfully I had access to a multimeter to verify everything was connected properly and not touching each-other!

inian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sd adapter soldering is tricky too, but it's not that hard... but only looking at micro usb connector pins discourages me - short, and very close to each other...

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Those are not really very close, just use a .5mm tip iron, very easy to solder to close pins, flux will also help prevent shorts. If too dificult just use the razor blade trick (use 2 pieces of razor blade on each side of the pin to keep it separated from the others), i used to do it to solder modchips to the tiny legs of ps2 chips, worked like a charm.

Reactions: Ninoh-FOX

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sd adapter soldering is tricky too, but it's not that hard... but only looking at micro usb connector pins discourages me - short, and very close to each other...
The other option is to be like me and buy a micro USB extension cable, the cut it in half and strip the now-exposed wires. :)

illicit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, how on earth are you actually sldering this?
I get the wires on the micro usb port but they just bend and break when I drop it into the 3DS housing.

push the micro usb into the port first, then solder the wires to the pins once it's inside. use a glue gun to keep them from bending and shorting afterwards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I really didn't like playing online against other people always felt like I was being matched...