Hardware nand flash dump (3ds xl)

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the code has no imunising so far, I already looked into it last night and I could do it very easily... but permanent things scare me...
Fair enough. You could add a command line option for it, but I wouldn't go through with it unless Gateway officially stop working on their "update blocker", which would probably use it.

I kind of want it, as it would let me safely use 2.0b2 and normatt's region free patch, but it might deny future opportunities, so lets not be hasty :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ahhhaaah Okay I saw someone saying one of the commands to prevent it would be permanent write protect....if their is a command to just disable locking it should be fine shouldn't it?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Its possible for normal 3ds too by using a tipped pogo pin for clk line
pogo is possible on normal 3DS?
the clk is under the cartridge port or on the other side of the mother board. You would need to remove the cartridge slot to use pogo/cover method, right?

I have a normal 3DS, but still haven't opened/soldered it.
Little afraid to break something.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ahhhaaah Okay I saw someone saying one of the commands to prevent it would be permanent write protect....if their is a command to just disable locking it should be fine shouldn't it?

well, the thing is the password lock feature deactivation is only available as an permanent option, once set it stays set. and as i don't know for certain that the 3DS doesn't use it in any way i also am hesitant in toggling it.

edit:
the clk is under the cartridge port or on the other side of the mother board. You would need to remove the cartridge slot to use pogo/cover method, right?

or remove the whole board and design some kind of receptacle with the clock pogo pin for it, and press the other pins on the top side. in factories they use such specifically designed two sided pogopin contraptions

krisztian1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

I have a normal 3DS, but still haven't opened/soldered it.
Little afraid to break something.

someone said that there is a very small CLK dot on the mobo, on the same said like the other pins

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
OK, finished with success ^^
Had to still do a couple small cuts on the pogo board (5th pic) so that the base casing would fit, it has small plastic strips that hug around the analog stick, so i had to make room for those, after that, just a piece of tape is enough to keep the pogo pins in place and close the 3ds easily. And had no need for sponges or rubbers to hold it in place.
Also found out the bad way that u can't pass the wires above the empty area there on the pcb on the right side or they'll get cut by the bottom casing when it's closed.

I made 2 dumps, i made one, then disconnected wiring to the usb card reader, disconnected 3ds, reconnected everything, did another dump and got both dumps with 988 807 168 bytes, md5 match, and "NCDS" at 0x100 so i think i have good dumps.

P.S.: I patented those orange and green temporary case lockers to keep the 3ds shell closed while reading/flashing the nand, so ask for permission 1st if u want to use same method!

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
:Panyway, they provide just the right amount of pressure to keep the pogo pins down and keep it nicely closed, so i was quite proud of myself, more so than the pogo board lol plus, dun worry, i promise it is brick free <_<.

UTerror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ah, so its not done by default! Where can I find a microUSB cable that uses all five pins so I can splice it? Do most USB - Micro USB cables have this cable, but don't connect it? Or do I just have to purchase a standalone male header (right word) and solder the wires onto the pins myself?

Most micro usb cables don't have that pin connected. The 4th pin is only used in host cables... (You could use those cables to connect a hdd or memory stick to your smartphone. You can't connect a stick to your phone using normal micro usb cable.)

And you can use 5 wires with a "normal" micro usb connector and cable. I did it on my 3DS.
Use pin 1,2,3 and 5 for CMD, CLK, Dat0 and Dat3. And then use the metal "casing" of the connector as a GND. The usb cable will have 4 cables (black, red, white and green) inside a braid/shield... use the shield as ground.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i mentioned earlier about the risk of using the standard micro usb port,incase for example you ask your kids or friend or something to put your 3DS on charge, and they dont know and use like a mobile phone charger and just plug it into the nand port, maybe one of these might be handy for anyone using the micro usb port to prevent anyone accidentally thinking its the charger port :D
http://www.sourcingmap.com/25-pcs-a...gn=ukfroogle&gclid=CILY4KaJpLwCFWITwwodVVUAiQ

olfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
What are you using to secure the internal (female) usb port? I ask because I flash a couple times a day sometimes, and am worring about doing a mod like that and the glue not holding right.

hello could you explain/post a pic of how you connected the wires to the microsusb ? (it s really thin)
thank you

illicit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at your request. heres how i did mine

micro.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol