Hardware nand flash dump (3ds xl)

LaymanX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That helps, but it seems like such a permanent change to a temporary problem. Maybe I should wait a few months and see if any developments happen.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
How do you guys actually test continuity from the NAND to the SD card adapter, do each pinout, like CMD CLK GRND and DAT0 give a specific voltage with a multi meter? How do i actually tell its not touching or if the circuitry is good?

Also, if im booting into the blue screen can there possibly be an error with my circuitry?

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
Trophies
XP
Country
is there any one in the states that could mod my XL with the USB so i can restore my 9.7 back to 4.x i had to upgrade it because i lost a 3ds and needed my content back

Aminpro

Trophies
Website
www.pastebin.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi,

I've been doing unbricking, dumping and downgrading countless of times with 100% success rate.
However, tonight I am stuck for the first time. I've encountered a motherboard that has rather different PCB printout but the points seems to be at the same place.

I ignored the PCB printing differences and continued on to solder at the CLK (clock) point as referenced in the homebrew wiki's picture.

I keep getting error 22 but normally for countless of time this can be ignored and my Linux will show it as /dev/sdb straight away and I could just dd and start the backup/flashing.
This time, it does not appear on my computer. lsblk does not show sdb and dmesg tells me that there was no SD card inserted into the reader.

I am wondering if this is because of the CLK (clock) point problem? I've spent many hours on this and I am confident that my data and cmd solderings are good since this is the first time ever I can't make a connection out of so many 3DS I've done before this.

This is the console I am working on now. As you can see, the printout is different and there is no C106 marking.

GJRp5e4.jpg

This is the reference where I always use the C106 marking as my identification point.

adjM6gb.png

As you can see, the C106 point I encountered was instead printed on the top far of the board. (Just beside the 'C' logo beside C314 and below C313)

JfpsLaY.jpg

I hope somebody can help to put some light into this please.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hi,

I've been doing unbricking, dumping and downgrading countless of times with 100% success rate.
However, tonight I am stuck for the first time. I've encountered a motherboard that has rather different PCB printout but the points seems to be at the same place.

I ignored the PCB printing differences and continued on to solder at the CLK (clock) point as referenced in the homebrew wiki's picture.

I keep getting error 22 but normally for countless of time this can be ignored and my Linux will show it as /dev/sdb straight away and I could just dd and start the backup/flashing.
This time, it does not appear on my computer. lsblk does not show sdb and dmesg tells me that there was no SD card inserted into the reader.

I am wondering if this is because of the CLK (clock) point problem? I've spent many hours on this and I am confident that my data and cmd solderings are good since this is the first time ever I can't make a connection out of so many 3DS I've done before this.

This is the console I am working on now. As you can see, the printout is different and there is no C106 marking.

This is the reference where I always use the C106 marking as my identification point.

As you can see, the C106 point I encountered was instead printed on the top far of the board. (Just beside the 'C' logo beside C314 and below C313)

I hope somebody can help to put some light into this please.
only o3ds standard model revision i have heard about actually has a clk point below CMD on the reverse side so instead of the 5 pads next to the SD reader there should be 6, with the bottom one being CLK not CMD....if this is the board you have, you my of inadvertently hooked up CMD to the extra CLK point....do you have a picture of the reverse side as i have only read about the other revision, all the consoles i have done have been the normal type

Aminpro

Trophies
Website
www.pastebin.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
only o3ds standard model revision i have heard about actually has a clk point below CMD on the reverse side so instead of the 5 pads next to the SD reader there should be 6, with the bottom one being CLK not CMD....if this is the board you have, you my of inadvertently hooked up CMD to the extra CLK point....do you have a picture of the reverse side as i have only read about the other revision, all the consoles i have done have been the normal type

I am not familiar with the other revisions but the bottom side seems pretty normal and match up with the reference picture.

Here is the overall PCB picture

1g091hQ.jpg

Here is the zoomed picture. Ignore the residual solder on the pads, I only soldered DAT 0 and CMD but I tried to move around on the DAT 0 and DAT 1 because of the problem I am facing now.
I was soldering DAT 0 on the most top and CMD for the most bottom but that did not work.

bLhvG79.jpg

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I am not familiar with the other revisions but the bottom side seems pretty normal and match up with the reference picture.

Here is the overall PCB picture

Here is the zoomed picture. Ignore the residual solder on the pads, I only soldered DAT 0 and CMD but I tried to move around on the DAT 0 and DAT 1 because of the problem I am facing now.
I was soldering DAT 0 on the most top and CMD for the most bottom but that did not work.
yeah, as you can see you have the board with 6 pads, bottom one is CLK, and one above is CMD....so you didnt even have to take the motherboard out on that revision

Aminpro

Trophies
Website
www.pastebin.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
yeah, s you can see you have the board with 6 pads, bottom one is CLK, and one above is CMD....so you didnt even have to take the motherboard out on that revision

Only after I replied to your post I counted the pads again. There was an extra one pad. hahahahaha
sm7_facepalm.gif
sm7_facepalm.gif
sm7_facepalm.gif
sm7_facepalm.gif

Thanks for the info. I'm going to resolder and try again. I'll post and tell if it was a success or not in a short while.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Only after I replied to your post I counted the pads again. There was an extra one pad. hahahahaha
sm7_facepalm.gif
sm7_facepalm.gif
sm7_facepalm.gif
sm7_facepalm.gif

Thanks for the info. I'm going to resolder and try again. I'll post and tell if it was a success or not in a short while.
ok, well here is waht i have read should be the correct pinout
adj_M6gb.png

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
wait? what the F**K! clk is down there? so i ruined my cartridge reader for no reason?(bricked by rxtools)
only on a few, i have done a fair few consoles and never came across a rev2 motherboard....i have seen the 3DS XL revised board, but thats just a IR port revision, nand pinout is the same

Aminpro

Trophies
Website
www.pastebin.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
ok, well here is waht i have read should be the correct pinout

Thank you so much for helping. The NAND is now detected and I am making a backup before downgrading as we speak.
Geez, I was made fun of by Nintendo just because I did not count how many pads were there. haha

wait? what the F**K! clk is down there? so i ruined my cartridge reader for no reason?(bricked by rxtools)

You can always solder to the back of the motherboard. That is what I always do. I never open up the cartridge slot.

Btw, if anybody is looking to do this but don't have the confidence, you can always contact me. I am located in Malaysia.

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you so much for helping. The NAND is now detected and I am making a backup before downgrading as we speak.
Geez, I was made fun of by Nintendo just because I did not count how many pads were there. haha

You can always solder to the back of the motherboard. That is what I always do. I never open up the cartridge slot.

Btw, if anybody is looking to do this but don't have the confidence, you can always contact me. I am located in Malaysia.
well some of the pins inside ar bent but ill try later when its unbricked

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
This mod is driving me nuts

Here's pics of the mod, its consistently booting to the blue screen, and i have a compatible SD reader but its just not working, its not showing up on my computer.

The mod is messy as all fuck, should i just restart it?

http://imgur.com/vDgBarR,IHbi3AC,EWtEFGM,uwVfk7J

Here's the album

When i plug the SD reader in, its constantly makes the windows plugged in and then unplugged noises, which i think is good? But no drive shows up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)