Hardware nand flash dump (3ds xl)

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not mistaken, Ava's diagram assumes you're making your own microusb cable with some of your wire and a male head.
The second one assumes you're just chopping up a standard microusb cable.
I actually sent her a PM about this because I was confused too, but she hasn't replied.
So either I was too confusing in my PM or I was correct, not sure which. End: or she hasn't had time to reply. That's probably more likely...
Anyway if you make your own cable with a male head you can decide the pin out for the male-female connection yourself. If you just lop the normal USB end off a microusb cable, you'd have to stick to the second image.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yes the first one would assume you have a custom made usb cable as it uses all 5 pins, on a standard USB cable only the 4 shown in the second picture are connected, so its not possible to make the multi-purpose port like in the first picture unless you make a matching microusb->SD adapter that uses the id pin

just follow the second unless you are making your own custom usb end to plug into it

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
So I managed to finish the mod, and get into the blue screen. So happy I didnt short my console!

Only problem is that I cant find the 3DS as a drive letter on my PC. I think my soldering is all fine as everything's working as it should, so Im guessing its the card reader (A Belkin universal media reader), would this be the most likely scenario?

http://puu.sh/hFZUD/c3a6006692.jpg

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I managed to finish the mod, and get into the blue screen. So happy I didnt short my console!

Only problem is that I cant find the 3DS as a drive letter on my PC. I think my soldering is all fine as everything's working as it should, so Im guessing its the card reader (A Belkin universal media reader), would this be the most likely scenario?

http://puu.sh/hFZUD/c3a6006692.jpg
Huh, your 3ds still works if you don't have the USB plugged in, right?
I ask because this error code is quite similar to the infamous gateway brick code. Only difference is the last set of 8 digits. With a gw brick its all 0s. Not to cause undue worry... Sorry. I haven't done this yet myself so I'm not sure which error code you're supposed to get.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Huh, your 3ds still works if you don't have the USB plugged in, right?
I ask because this error code is quite similar to the infamous gateway brick code. Only difference is the last set of 8 digits. With a gw brick its all 0s. Not to cause undue worry... Sorry. I haven't done this yet myself so I'm not sure which error code you're supposed to get.

oh yeah it works fine, plays games and everything. The code changes depending on which of the two SD readers i use.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
No. I was connecting it then switching it on, leading to the blue screen immediately
Is that wrong. Are you supposed to let it boot up normally then plug everything in ?

My process is:

Plug usb into 3ds, plug SD end into the card reader
Turn on 3ds
Boots to blue screen
Plug SD reader into PC

And thats where I get stuck, If I start the 3ds with the usb already in place and then plug it into the SD reader when its on the home menu it comes up with the error "System memory damaged" and says to contact nintendo support or something

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Well like I said I haven't attempted it yet, but uh, maybe gamesquest1 or Avalynn could let you know.. or... milerwan ?
I could've sworn attaching the USB was supposed to make it work, er before connecting to pc.

I connect to the pc after i plug it into the reader. I think the issue is the reader itself, because Ive had it flash up onto my computer just briefly as a removable disk, but then it disappeared.

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country

LaymanX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally updated my 3DS XL and I do have the backup NAND file. I have soldered before but it was only moving already existing wires to another location, I dont feel confident enough to install a USB port into my 3DS or whatever this is. Is there a reputable person that can do it for me?

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
I accidentally updated my 3DS XL and I do have the backup NAND file. I have soldered before but it was only moving already existing wires to another location, I dont feel confident enough to install a USB port into my 3DS or whatever this is. Is there a reputable person that can do it for me?

Just a heads up, if you have soldering experience already, you'll more than likely be able to do this job. I had NO soldering experience and managed to do it

LaymanX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up, if you have soldering experience already, you'll more than likely be able to do this job. I had NO soldering experience and managed to do it

But even with http://www.infinitydream.com/newsdesk_info.php?newsPath=102&newsdesk_id=150 Im not sure what it's asking me to do or what to do afterwards. Its just a pictures of parts and then a completed picture. I have to buy my own wires separately? I'd feel better if someone else (in the US) did it for me.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country

LaymanX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yeah, you buy your own wires and shit, obviously. Just saying its not the hardest mod to do, and all the info is in this thread

This thread has 91 pages. Looking through it, I've got a decent idea of what my goal is, but I can't seem to locate a detailed guide from start to finish.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn