Hardware nand flash dump (3ds xl)

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
my card reader is damaged when connected to pc with the mod touched. Now it does not recognised from windows
Then get a new reader

Hang on, just to be clear. You bricked your console right? So was there a blue screen upon boot before you attempted the mod? If so, the blue screen after the mod wouldnt be abnormal.

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
my card reader is damaged when connected to pc with the mod touched. Now it does not recognised from windows
before the mod i had only black screen. Now i have blue screen with the message even with sd card disconected from sd card. when i power on it shows the message

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
yes they are. i have connected them from one edge with the pins and from the other edge with the sd. i dont want a permanent solution with micro usb just to recover
Well you have some wires or points crossing over. Check your connections, there's probably a shitty one.

We cant help if you dont post pics

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I did but my tablets camera picture quality is not good. Anyway (The site was down as always the last weeks)

Attachments

• IMG_20150606_091450.jpg
    IMG_20150606_091450.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 506

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thats a really bad picture, cant really see anything in it.

Btw, can you take a picture of the SD card end, I want to see your soldering onto the SD card too

My sd card pins are damaged now from the many tries (I will take some new) but i think this was not the problem because i revoved the wires from the board except solder metal and same message. I think that i have to clean the pin with something and try again

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
My sd card pins are damaged now from the many tries (I will take some new) but i think this was not the problem because i revoved the wires from the board except solder metal and same message. I think that i have to clean the pin with something and try again
Well if you removed the wires and you still got a blue screen then you most likely have some cross over somewhere. If theres residual solder, just heat it up with your iron and suck it up with a solder vacuum, or a tissue or something.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus Christ. If anyone looks at this planning to do it anytime soon, order USB ports with a breakout board, like the ones avalynn posted. I think I finally soldered straight to the pins on the ones I got that don't have a board... And got them connected without any bridges. But its ridiculously difficult in comparison to soldering to the points on the system board, which was real easy.

Getting the 200 error code now so I assume everything is correct but my crappy uniden 43-in-1 card reader isn't cutting it... I'll order a known working one and see if its that or my soldering soon.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Jesus Christ. If anyone looks at this planning to do it anytime soon, order USB ports with a breakout board, like the ones avalynn posted. I think I finally soldered straight to the pins on the ones I got that don't have a board... And got them connected without any bridges. But its ridiculously difficult in comparison to soldering to the points on the system board, which was real easy.

Getting the 200 error code now so I assume everything is correct but my crappy uniden 43-in-1 card reader isn't cutting it... I'll order a known working one and see if its that or my soldering soon.
With the breakout board, can you get it cut for a o3DS XL? or does it fit in the case as is?

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would have to be cut as it wouldn't fit in the wrist strap hole with the breakaway boards. That's one of the benefits of the micro JST ports. The points are a bit further apart making them a bit easier to solder to, and it fits in the wrist strap hole.

Reactions: EmceeKerser

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the breakout board, can you get it cut for a o3DS XL? or does it fit in the case as is?
I would just go with what hundshamer said. It probably has to be cut a bit to fit in the wrist strap slot. It'd still be tons easier than soldering to the pins. Ive only used these micro USB ports with no board so I dont have experience with micro jst or mUSB with bb, but anything with points to solder to like the system board will be easier than those pins, which seem to only be a few mm apart, if that.
Ed: also micro jst appears to have larger and farther apart pins, which would also make it easier than mUSB with no breakout board.
Ed2: also, images just because. it looks like DAT0 might be bridged with the ID pin, but does that really matter, since there's nothing connected to the ID on the cable? I know it'd just take a sec to fix but I'm worried I'll accidentally desolder one or more pins again if I screw with it.
3: Thought about it some. Remember reading that some cables bridge ID and GND. So dat would possibly be grounded if it were actually bridged. But I took a better(ish) picture...
It's hard to get an angle where I can show you nothing is bridged, but I'm certain nothing is. there's a very slim visible space between ID and DAT0. and another between... CMD and CLK.
If I screwed up anywhere I'm certain it'd be on the sd adapter, but due to only buying one, I'll wait til I get the new reader (I ordered the Anker with support for more card types) to open that can of worms.
(I'm also waiting to hot-glue until I can be sure I've got everything right.)

Attachments

• media-20150611.jpg
    media-20150611.jpg
    687.9 KB · Views: 468
  • DSC00316.JPG
    DSC00316.JPG
    478.6 KB · Views: 446
  • DSC00317.JPG
    DSC00317.JPG
    810.7 KB · Views: 1,318
  • DSC00318.JPG
    DSC00318.JPG
    800.6 KB · Views: 1,552
Last edited by BerserkLeon,
Reactions: EmceeKerser

StaticPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I bricked my 2ds... I have a backup and did my hardmod on my n3ds that works. Is there a confirmed working hardmod for the 2ds? Thanks

Edit: I found this, Does anyone have a grounding point?
2ds-nand-pinout2-jpg.7655

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I think I bricked my 2ds... I have a backup and did my hardmod on my n3ds that works. Is there a confirmed working hardmod for the 2ds? Thanks

Edit: I found this, Does anyone have a grounding point?
2ds-nand-pinout2-jpg.7655

yeah that pinout is fine and i can confirm that the nand mod works fine for the 2DS, just keep the wires relatively short....as for ground just look around im sure you will find something appropriate, i forgot where i used though

StaticPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I got a blue screen bootrom... Crossing my fingers. :unsure:

Edit: Backed-up the brick nand... :glare:

Update: So I was able to restore the nand from an older backup. Tested, worked, removed mod since I couldn't find a place to install it. Tested again fine, put it together tested and fine was able to boot and buttons worked and browsed fine. I put a freshly formated sd card back in and now some how I'm getting the blue bootrom screen. I have no clue how that would happen...

Update: Re-Installed hardmod and now without restoring anything it boots back into the 3ds menu... :wacko:

Last edited by StaticPain,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_