Hacking naehrwert is teasing emuNAND before Atmosphere NX

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are 2 different ways of using a emunadn, one is for keep a not updated sysnand, other is as a extra protection from ban
You don't need to remain in a low FW to run emunand, Fusee Gelee works in all versions. you can have a "unthethered" in any version whit a modchip(that acts basically like a dongle but is inside the switch) rebug team is making one. is soldered hardmod.

Technically you can have both features by having 2 emunand, one clean and online and other dirty and offline, and keep a low sysnand, but im not sure if going online whit a clean emunand is risk-free, so im waiting to see what happens to others in that aspect before jumping to wrong conclusion

Answered my question, thanks :)

Fistofmana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You wouldn't need a low firmware to boot emunand, everything is booted from exploit. To reiterate what Red1Reaper was saying,

1. Create emunand based off of sysnand.
2. NEVER connect emunand to internet, period. You will have to update it via games or other means.
3. This leaves you free to update and use your sysnand for any legit purposes while booting into emunand for homebrew, etc while minimizing ban risk.

There are a lot of unknowns in what they are capable of detecting, but I'd say it would probably be safer to have separate SD cards as well, they may start trying to detect emunand partitions.

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Would be useful if there was a hardmod for the Switch... seems like no one wants to develop a hardmod, maybe because it's difficult, not sure...
There do you have it, rebug is doing a modchip:

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Litle question I've been asking myself about this topic: when you update your Switch, your e-fuses gets burnt (some of them, depending on the update). Does this also happend if we update the emunand? If this is the case, you'd be unable to ever start your sysnand again (and you can understand this vice-versa). I guess this part of the boot could be ignored, but idk at what cost, or if it'll be easy.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Litle question I've been asking myself about this topic: when you update your Switch, your e-fuses gets burnt (some of them, depending on the update). Does this also happend if we update the emunand? If this is the case, you'd be unable to ever start your sysnand again (and you can understand this vice-versa). I guess this part of the boot could be ignored, but idk at what cost, or if it'll be easy.
The emuNAND applications are designed so updating an emuNAND won't burn efuses.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If that was the case, emunand would be completely worthless. lol

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is possible to bypass the fuse burning and checking even whit sysnand, on the reswitched discord some guy is devoloping a thing to update the sysnand whitour burning efuses, so off course a emunand would include a mechanism to do it, lol.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
except you need a low FW to run emunand and you will not be able to play any games ona loew sysand anyways unless it is patched to run games with higher FW requirements

the only benefit is that you can stay on low sysnand FW to use teatherless warmboot exploits and not need a dongle /phone /PC and RCM jig
and preserve low FW for possible future coldboot exploit
There may be a chance you can run 2 or more EMUNAND, or simply 2 SD card 2 different EMUNANDs

Edit: Me slowpoke. *Silently walking out*

Last edited by tivu100,

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand is meh.... if it’s a copy of your sysnand then how is it gonna save you from a ban.

It's not.

Because whit a emunand you use the emunand offline whit hacky stuff and the sysnand clean and online.
Even if you stay offline whit the sysnand, when doing hacky stuff there are internal reports that may or may not be sended to nintendo, we don't know, but whit a offline emunand, those reports remain in the emunand so the sysnand remain clean and pristine to go online, as long as you remain offline the emunand

I've been seeing this 'clean system' too much online and it needs to be banished. You have to hack your system to backup/clone/copy your NAND. So, it will never be "clean". And, definitely, not pristine. Lmfao. Too many unknowns of what they learned in the 3ds/WiiU days. They could be logging EVERYTHING you do/have done to your sysNAND, emuNAND offline or not. If N finds something and wants to ban, they will. Atmosphere is open source and they, more than likely, have a stack of TX dongles on the way. N's got their reverse engineers on it.

Also, many will be using emuNAND online. As it will allow for an OFW update on the CFW without having to update the Switch with whatever mumbo jumbo N keeps adding in their 'stability' contraptions.

I think the major banwave that's coming within the next few months is going to be to those that jump online with those 'free games' they downloaded and know nothing about headers. They'd better hope those games don't require an update which will have many of them online at the same time. I read the numbers are zeroed out, though, which will make N's findings easier.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You wouldn't need a low firmware to boot emunand, everything is booted from exploit. To reiterate what Red1Reaper was saying,

1. Create emunand based off of sysnand.
2. NEVER connect emunand to internet, period. You will have to update it via games or other means.
3. This leaves you free to update and use your sysnand for any legit purposes while booting into emunand for homebrew, etc while minimizing ban risk.

There are a lot of unknowns in what they are capable of detecting, but I'd say it would probably be safer to have separate SD cards as well, they may start trying to detect emunand partitions.
As I've stated before, running emunand as the primary would make more sense...

tecfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As I've stated before, running emunand as the primary would make more sense...
It does only make sense if you still are on a low ofw which would allow you a tetherless coldboot into rcm. That would be the only benefit keeping your sysnand on a low fw state and use emunand to go online.

BUT, what if big N will be able to detect that the system is running on a emulated NAND?
I mean the emunand is the one you want to keep up to date to be able to use the online services and without burning efuses.
No burnt efuses means, that you have to somehow modify the emunand fw to be able to boot which results in an other potentially risk of getting banned.

So running an up to date ofw from emunand and with a efuse bypass is pretty risky in my opinion.

Doing it the other way, a clean sysnand with matching efuses and a hacky emunand with efuse check bypassed looks more safer to me if you can live without a tetherless boot.

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i hope they implement a tjing in emunand, so you get wifi capabilities, but all nintendo services are blocked. so i can keep my emunand online for like homebrew and ftp and play singleplayer backups.

and sysnand for online like fortnite etc.

Reactions: Tumoche

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are on a low FW specially below 3.02 a full coldboot software mod might come any day, if you update most likely you won't see the day of a self bootable hack from Nintendo Switch OFF power state.

So if anyone on a low FW update you will have to either solder a chip or enter RCM and send the payload every time the console is fully turned OFF.

Emunad is the way to stay low, have a updated emunand to play backups, recent games, emulators and whatever magic stuff you want to run and stay offline for a never ban status, I'm almost sure FW updates will come to be done offline without having ever to connect to Nintendo servers so you will never get banned.

If you really can't live without online, then either buy another Switch if you have the possibility or update sysnand use all original stuff, enjoy its paid online service and put the SD with emunand, send the payload and play backups and anything u want on the emunand without ever going online and profit of the best of 2 world's in one.

This is like 99% safer than TX OS sysnand hack that you will have to rely on a team to bypass all Nintendo checks and clean the logs, so it requires a lot of hacking to go stealthy online. Game hacking on PC teach a lot on bypassing stuff, hackers come up with all kinds of stuff but remember it's only stealthy until the day something is changed to detect something and it's a continues race between hackers (in this case TX) and anti cheat Devs (in this case Nintendo).

It's just better to use emunand CFW stay Offline, enjoy everything and it won't ever need any black hacking or security bypasses as you won't be banned if you never connect to Nintendo online services...

Last edited by guily6669,

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see new names and fresh level and they dont understand emunand. we'll most likely see them again in the ''HELP! DID I BRICK MY SWITCH'' threads with a lot of 'yes' as the answer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh