Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
I made my samurott a physical attacker:
jolly nature, EVs i didnt really bother but i did spend some time grinding speed and attack
- swords dance
- waterfall
- anything
- anything

Once it sets up swords dance it's pretty satisfying to beat through opponents. Waterfall does good STAB against most opponents and the ones who resist it are usually weak against your other attacks. Return + x-scissor is what I currently use (though I had to ask a buddy for the TM for those)

Tbh since I don't bother with competitive play I setup all my pokes as sweepers.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Erm, its been a while since i have played pokemon, thought this might be the best place to ask.
Last when i played pokemon, i didn't play legit, i just cheated by reloading save games again and again to get the result i wanted. However i am looking to play properly this time around, so what i want to ask is how should i go about playing this, that is, in what manner should i raise my pokemon, what kind of movesets should i have and what teams go well together etc. etc.
Note that i don't care for online battles much, and will probably only ever have casual battles. I am mainly looking to play single player, so yeah..

MrGizMo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice! Got Black today with the mail, and also got White
biggrin.gif

D

Deleted_171835

OP
My current Pokemon Black and White team is this...
Spr_5b_497.png
Spr_5b_533.png
520.png
515.png
504.png
548.png

Serperior: Lv. 36
Slam
Mega Drain
Leaf Blade
Leaf Tornado

Gurdurr: Lv. 35
Rock Slide
Bulk Up
Bide
Low Kick

Tranquil: Lv. 25
Quick Attack
Air Cutter
Roost
Fly

Patrat: Lv. 17
Detect
Sand-Attack
Crunch
Cut

Petilil: Lv. 14
Growth
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Mega Drain

Panpour: Lv. 28
Bite
Fury Swipes
Scald
Water Gun
-
Admittedly, my team is pretty shitty. I'm not that far in the game, though. I'm at Celestial Tower.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi could someone help me I used a walk through wall code at the dragonspiral tower where n gets white legendary pkm before I get mine and I cant battle him there I have the real game cart and I dont know what to do I dont want to restart the game

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonataroger said:
gumbyx84 said:
Sonataroger said:
wtf is up with the random pokemon rate? i walk 3 steps and 100% i get in a battle
Your RND generator must be shot. Hasn't been that bad for me.

Can it be shot on a rom? i feel like that's a little silly but if so how do i fix it?
You can't "fix" a random number generator. It just throws out random numbers. There isn't much you can do but hope your luck changes.

mewtwo-EX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mewtwo-ex.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
Sonataroger said:
gumbyx84 said:
Sonataroger said:
wtf is up with the random pokemon rate? i walk 3 steps and 100% i get in a battle

Can it be shot on a rom? i feel like that's a little silly but if so how do i fix it?
You can't "fix" a random number generator. It just throws out random numbers. There isn't much you can do but hope your luck changes.
They've up'd the encounter rate. My fix for the real game: Buy Super Repels and be annoyed. Really wish you could turn off random battles and hold a key to get into a battle /rhetorical.....cheats.gbatemp.net

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
mewtwo-EX said:
gumbyx84 said:
Sonataroger said:
gumbyx84 said:
Sonataroger said:

They've up'd the encounter rate. My fix for the real game: Buy Super Repels and be annoyed. Really wish you could turn off random battles and hold a key to get into a battle /rhetorical.....cheats.gbatemp.net
The encounter rates seem really weird, especially in caves. I have walked through an entire floor with only 1 or 2 encounters, but I've also been attacked like 5 times within 15 steps.

Sonataroger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
mewtwo-EX said:
gumbyx84 said:
Sonataroger said:
gumbyx84 said:
Sonataroger said:

The encounter rates seem really weird, especially in caves. I have walked through an entire floor with only 1 or 2 encounters, but I've also been attacked like 5 times within 15 steps.

well i'm glad that it isn't only me. i agree with them upping the amount of random battles but 2 to 3 steps gets kinda crazy >.> *off to the pokemart to blow mass amounts of money on super repels!!!!* haha

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
thumper1023 said:
So...my Black keeps freezing when my zebstrika(sp?) gets to 43, no matter how i do it, is this a glitch or something? (I'm playing the EU one 'cause I didn't feel like waiting for the US one)
You'd probably want to let people know what firmware and flashcart and if your game is patched or not so that people can relate.

Eight Bit Alien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know that's odd, I had my one & only freeze during my fourth gym battle, when Elessa send out her Zebstrika. Running White (EU) on an original R4 using Wood 1.26 fwiw. Game has run fine save for that, fingers crossed.

Eight Bit Alien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The high encounter rate is starting to drive me nuts. I wonder if I am imagining it? Is it really higher compared to previous generations? Also blowing a bunch of cash on repels.

Z

Zorua

OP
lucian132 said:
guys what is PKRS mean.....
i got patrat with it.....

sorry for newbie question.....

thx

YOU'RE EXTREMELY LUCKY! PKRS is Pokerus. It is a disease which is extremely rare and gives extra exp to all pokemon in the party. Google it for more info.

lucian132

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zorua said:
lucian132 said:

thx

YOU'RE EXTREMELY LUCKY! PKRS is Pokerus. It is a disease which is extremely rare and gives extra exp to all pokemon in the party. Google it for more info.

thx sir for the info...

Z

Zorua

OP
lucian132 said:
Zorua said:
lucian132 said:

thx

thx sir for the info...

No problem.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya