N64 VC file selector crashes

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by KuraudoSutoraifu, Jul 19, 2016.

1. KuraudoSutoraifu
    OP

KuraudoSutoraifu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2016
    Gambia, The
    So when you put more than one ROM in the vol/content/rom folder of a N64 VC game, a file selector will come up.
    [​IMG]

But whenever I select a ROM other than the one I used as 'base' it just freezes on a black screen. Is there a known fix for this?

2. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    huh this is indeed a nice find

3. Neouni

Neouni Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2004
    Netherlands
    But you can run the games fine when you use one rom with correct ini file other then base ?

4. KuraudoSutoraifu
    OP

Newcomer
    May 6, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I didn't find it, I just saw it on @NWPlayer123's Twitter :)

Yes, all the games run fine on their own and I also have their corresponding ini in the config folder.

5. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    this was known for a very long time and it never worked so no there is no fix most VC stuff is undocumented unless some amazing hacker dedicated their time to hack the VC itself which is probably harder than making a port of a n64 emulator since no source code for VC emulation.

KuraudoSutoraifu likes this.
  6. KuraudoSutoraifu
    OP

Newcomer
    May 6, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Thanks for the clear answer! I'll just stick to using single injected 64 ROMs through Loadiine then.

7. Stalls

Stalls GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2015
    United States
    I don't want to anger people, but I think I found this first when experimenting with N64 VC injection, but I never exactly posted about it to GBATemp, because I already thought people knew, but give @NWPlayer123 the credit lol

8. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I never could get this to work properly myself, but props to people who could lol.

9. KuraudoSutoraifu
    OP

Newcomer
    May 6, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I didn't say she found it first, I just said I myself first saw it in one of her tweets. BTW, did it actually work for you?