Hacking N64 VC file selector crashes

KuraudoSutoraifu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So when you put more than one ROM in the vol/content/rom folder of a N64 VC game, a file selector will come up.
WVW69jagG3kkZLw9vI

But whenever I select a ROM other than the one I used as 'base' it just freezes on a black screen. Is there a known fix for this?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
this was known for a very long time and it never worked so no there is no fix most VC stuff is undocumented unless some amazing hacker dedicated their time to hack the VC itself which is probably harder than making a port of a n64 emulator since no source code for VC emulation.

Reactions: KuraudoSutoraifu

KuraudoSutoraifu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
this was known for a very long time and it never worked so no there is no fix most VC stuff is undocumented unless some amazing hacker dedicated their time to hack the VC itself which is probably harder than making a port of a n64 emulator since no source code for VC emulation.

Thanks for the clear answer! I'll just stick to using single injected 64 ROMs through Loadiine then.

Stalls

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to anger people, but I think I found this first when experimenting with N64 VC injection, but I never exactly posted about it to GBATemp, because I already thought people knew, but give @NWPlayer123 the credit lol

KuraudoSutoraifu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't want to anger people, but I think I found this first when experimenting with N64 VC injection, but I never exactly posted about it to GBATemp, because I already thought people knew, but give @NWPlayer123 the credit lol

I didn't say she found it first, I just said I myself first saw it in one of her tweets. BTW, did it actually work for you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn