Disturbed1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Disturbed1 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
I just find it silly that people are rushing out to slap down $290 for a 3DS and a game that's over a decade old. Seriously, I don't remember people running out to buy Wiis when it was released on the Wii.

Oh wait, this one has better graphics and THREEEEE DEEEEEEE though. And Master Quest and Boss Rush (aka who gives a fuck).

People amuse me.

You know the system DOES have other games, and it will continue to get more as it ages.

You don't seriously believe that the system was only made to play an Ocarina of Time remake, do you?

Let's try to ignore the fact that this is considered to be the only game even remotely worth purchasing for the 3DS at this point in time.

An unbiased, "teh 3DS haz no gaems except oot trololo"-less point of view would be fantastic, if not a little unrealistic.

Also, I'm going to say this now GET OUT IF YOU'RE GOING TO ARGUE ABOUT THE FUCKING 3DS AND ITS WORTH.

To each his/her own opinion on the worth of the system. That being said, you can't just assume that because you don't like the current titles, that OOT is "considered to be the only game even remotely worth purchasing for the 3DS at this point in time." because that's just ignorant.

The system has multiple titles that were well reviewed, and a few that were still considered to be interesting enough to own.

It's fine that you don't like the line-up, but just don't assume you're opinion is shared by everyone.

*EDIT* Sorry, I meant to put this in my post but I completely forgot.

As far as the value of the game goes, I think it's all based on two things.

1. How much you liked the original game.

2. How much the 3D effect adds to the experience for you.

I've always like Ocarina of Time, and I felt the 3D was very well done in this title, so for me this game warranted a purchase.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
is OoT 3DS truly a drastic enough improvement to warrant the price tag?
Yes. Very much so imo. The 3D stereoscopic is easily the best on 3DS so far, the improoved graphics are great of course, the interface for items is a lot better imo, and the Master Quest has both more damage of enemies than previous master quest versions, and is mirrored in every zone. Neither of those have been done with the master quest before, which makes it very nice if you ask me.

Again: Yes, it's worth $40.
Worth $290 only if you have a lot of money. I only got a 3DS because it was a gift, I can't afford one on my own.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To me it was more than worth the price, but then again I'm really able to give an unbiased opinion (I had five physical copies and the VC version before I bought the 3D version).

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Disturbed1 said:
Nathan Drake said:
Disturbed1 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
I just find it silly that people are rushing out to slap down $290 for a 3DS and a game that's over a decade old. Seriously, I don't remember people running out to buy Wiis when it was released on the Wii.

Oh wait, this one has better graphics and THREEEEE DEEEEEEE though. And Master Quest and Boss Rush (aka who gives a fuck).

People amuse me.

You know the system DOES have other games, and it will continue to get more as it ages.

You don't seriously believe that the system was only made to play an Ocarina of Time remake, do you?

Let's try to ignore the fact that this is considered to be the only game even remotely worth purchasing for the 3DS at this point in time.

An unbiased, "teh 3DS haz no gaems except oot trololo"-less point of view would be fantastic, if not a little unrealistic.

Also, I'm going to say this now GET OUT IF YOU'RE GOING TO ARGUE ABOUT THE FUCKING 3DS AND ITS WORTH.

To each his/her own opinion on the worth of the system. That being said, you can't just assume that because you don't like the current titles, that OOT is "considered to be the only game even remotely worth purchasing for the 3DS at this point in time." because that's just ignorant.

The system has multiple titles that were well reviewed, and a few that were still considered to be interesting enough to own.

It's fine that you don't like the line-up, but just don't assume you're opinion is shared by everyone.

...I said considered. Primarily because the general consensus is that the launch 3DS titles were poop. Like I said, I'm a third party. I'm riding what has generally been said, and that seems to be the feeling.

Now, quit trolling, flaming, being an annoying ass, whatever your doing, in this thread.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I quote like the graphics. BUT, from an unbiased point of view, it's not worth buying a 3DS for. I have my 3DS because I love Nintendo, and I love OoT. One of my favorite games of all time. There are also other games I like for my 3DS, Rayman, Samurai Warriors, Ridge Racer and Pilot Wings. All of these games together make it worth it for me, because I like them all. But in other people's opinions, I doubt it would.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Now, quit trolling, flaming, being an annoying ass, whatever your doing, in this thread.
Who are you to tell him to stop trolling and flaming? Have you looked at the posts you've made in this topic? Also, he asked for opinions of people that have played both. You obviously haven't played the 3DS version (Maybe not even the original), therefore you aren't helping by posting in this topic at all.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
It's been almost 12 years since I've had a true play-through of this game. So far, I have no regrets in buying it. If it has been a LONG time since one has played it or if someone hasn't ever touched this title then I'd suggest getting it. In my opinion, it looks and feels amazing.

There are little things they could have done to make it better... Maybe touch up on some more things in the game, added some newer content (maybe the beta content), or something just to appeal to those who have played every port of it.

Overall, I'm glad I made this purchase. It doesn't warrant a system purchase but it's great for collection purposes or any reason I said above. The price seems fine in my opinion but maybe it's just because I have the money for it.

Blackzeta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ocarina of time 3D, you can equip 4 items, and use them very easily with the touchscreen, The Motion Control is a interesting touch, AND the graphics are amazing.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
TDWP FTW said:
Nathan Drake said:
Who are you to tell him to stop trolling and flaming? Have you looked at the posts you've made in this topic? Also, he asked for opinions of people that have played both. You obviously haven't played the 3DS version (Maybe not even the original), therefore you aren't helping by posting in this topic at all.
So uh... why are you telling all this to the topic creator again?
unsure.gif

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:

People amuse me.

There was no need to get a wii because the game was also on gamecube and had exactly the same graphics. The gamecube version had much better controls. I mean, you swing the wiimote and it wait until you,re done swinging to make the move, while on the gamecube version, you just press B and it's done.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Hey, hey, gais, master quest isn't new. We should avoid acting like it is a new feature.
this

played it on the gc a long time ago
though I think they did mirror it for what ever reason in the 3d version, along with making the game easier
im surprised theres not an auto play option knowing nintendo

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, if Nintendo never released any "ports"(game just being played through an emulator) there would be less people bitching about it.

I feel it is worth it but I guess I'm biased because I like Zelda games. Sure they could have improved the graphics even more but that takes time. This is Oot on a handheld, 3D (though i dont care much for any 3d), improved graphics and performance, new control mechanics(although not drastic), and Master Quest included(not every release came with it).

The main argument is we've all played it before (we all haven't) but why do people bother with anything like the VC on any system?

Nathan Drake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
TDWP FTW said:
Nathan Drake said:

He's doing exactly what I said not to do. I fed a light opinion. When I said I didn't want any flaming or trolling, I meant it. I will be a fucking bastard to you if I need to as a way to uphold it. Unless you take my posts as far out of context as possible to try to pose me as an aggressor, it is hard to take my posts as trolling, flaming, or anything of the like (within this thread at least). Unless you call agreeing that a remake released over 10 years past the first release should look better as flame baiting or something.

I have made the intentions of the thread clear. If you can't appreciate that, you are invited to not post instead of trying to derail it.

Stay. On. Topic.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
But all you're doing is fueling flamers and "trolling." If you're going to ask for opinions, don't just shoot down every positive opinion people give.

The question you asked in the OP seems pretty rhetorical, and it's as if you're just waiting for people to post good things about the game so you can quote them and belittle them and their opinion(s).

EDIT: And yes, I do agree that that's trolling, because it DOES look a TON better.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
lol, $290 just to play OoT3D? That's like saying people paid the whopping $600 for the original PS3 just to watch Bluray movies, because that is not true.

It's not about paying $290 just to play OoT3D. It's about paying $290 to start your 3DS collection with the device and a game worth its price tag, and just like the PS3 took time to get some more good games, the 3DS will as well.

Nathan Drake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
TDWP FTW said:
But all you're doing is fueling flamers and "trolling." If you're going to ask for opinions, don't just shoot down every positive opinion people give.

The question you asked in the OP seems pretty rhetorical, and it's as if you're just waiting for people to post good things about the game so you can quote them and belittle them and their opinion(s).

EDIT: And yes, I do agree that that's trolling, because it DOES look a TON better.

Holy shit dude. I agreed that it looking better was basically an obligatory move on part of Nintendo. How the fuck is that trolling? I've commented maybe six times, INCLUDING this post. How am I only feeding the negative opinions? Half of what I've said has been trying to get you derailers to stay on topic. I've requested it nicely, I've basically demanded it, and now I'm flat out telling you. Stay on topic, or go the fuck away. What you feel the intentions of the thread are your own. I was genuinely curious on what people thought, but you are just down right determined to think otherwise.

I would think that I know why I created the thread, not you.

I have not shot down every positive opinion. I have not really commented on jack shit that people have said. Quit trying to make me the aggressor. Anymore of this, and I will promptly request that posts be trashed. Not arguing with somebody who assumes and doesn't listen, and I'm not going to let other people ruin this thread either. I realize it's believed that every 3DS related thread needs to turn into a debate on the worth of the 3DS, and its future success. Believe it or not though, it doesn't.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
There was no need to get a wii because the game was also on gamecube and had exactly the same graphics. The gamecube version had much better controls. I mean, you swing the wiimote and it wait until you,re done swinging to make the move, while on the gamecube version, you just press B and it's done.

What. The Wii doesn't support motion controls for its native emulator.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
lol, $290 just to play OoT3D? That's like saying people paid the whopping $600 for the original PS3 just to watch Bluray movies, because that is not true.
stand alone blu-ray players were over $1000 back in 2006

Nathan Drake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Giga_Gaia said:

What. The Wii doesn't support motion controls for its native emulator.

I think he was thinking of Twilight Princess.

Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
Nathan Drake said:
I've only played through the N64 version multiple times. Now, I know for a fact that this is not a reason to buy a 3DS, and it isn't what I'm asking. Like other LoZ games, and the original OoT itself, it is only really going to be fun one or two times in a row until your appetite for dungeon crawling has been filled for awhile. That is, unless you are one hardcore OoT fan, of which I've run across very few.

What I want to know, and only from people who have played BOTH the N64 and 3DS versions of the game; is OoT 3DS truly a drastic enough improvement to warrant the price tag? Do you feel like you payed more for the name and less for the actual game itself? Are the changes (outside of graphical improvements) good? Do you feel any changes were unnecessary or even detrimental to the overall experience?

Like I said, I want to only hear from people who can actually outline the differences. If you're just coming in to say "lol this game is soooo good," there is already the LoZ: OoT 3DS thread for that.

Awesome question/s!

After reading throughout the thread, i'm going to agree with Mcguild on the whole "omg master quest/boss rush" rant.
The only thing I've read that makes OoT stand out are the graphics and control mechanics...oh and 3D. lolz
On the other hand many bought it because of the goodies. If i had the chance i'd just buy it for the OST(got a connection with a buddy from the u.s, yay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!