ROM Hack N64 Online - Mod Discussion

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo managed to get Super Mario Sunshine to run well with little to no issues.

The method Nintendo used is static compilation, so the Switch never has to emulate the CPU itself in realtime. Recompilation normally takes a lot of hand optimization effort per title to even get running, although I'm not surprised if Nintendo still has the original source they could pull from to ease the process. Its not really something that is super feasible for homebrew efforts, and given that Nintendo can't even bother to create a decent N64 emulator, they definitely aren't going to want to put that much effort into a large number of gamecube/Wii games.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Seriously??? As soon as I put retroarch in 1080p every n64 game lags
Eh? Don't set it to 1080p if that's your only problem. That's a fact that "Retroarch has far more advanced emulators". We are not only talking switch HOS RA, there's also lakka, android etc...

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
At least they did the framebuffer effects right and other classic issues of the Nintendo 64 emulation. I mean, the gray square of the death in Winback was never fixed in HLE plugins. I suppose Angrylion RDP LLE plugin does it right, but it took like 20 years to see it properly emulated.

pS8P16p.png

Reactions: cucholix

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cant you just update atmos with sigpatches and then just update like normal?
afaik, with my limited knowledge of switch hacks, there's a high ban risk doing this on a tainted nand or emunand. if your system is untainted, you can probably do it, but if it's tainted or using emunand, download the update files and I think you install them with daybreak iirc.

josephdin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, with my limited knowledge of switch hacks, there's a high ban risk doing this on a tainted nand or emunand. if your system is untainted, you can probably do it, but if it's tainted or using emunand, download the update files and I think you install them with daybreak iirc.
I have 2 hacked switches and for some reason the SX os one never got banned but I assumed that the moment I switched to Atmos that will change so I said screw it and didn't care if I got banned or not because I know it's inevitable? I guess that's just how I operate. I have a 3rd switch thats legit so it's not the end of the world for me. Can't speak for others though

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I just gather knowledge from reading posts. I have no real experience with switch hacks, so take what I say with a grain of salt. haha

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
At least they did the framebuffer effects right and other classic issues of the Nintendo 64 emulation. I mean, the gray square of the death in Winback was never fixed in HLE plugins. I suppose Angrylion RDP LLE plugin does it right, but it took like 20 years to see it properly emulated.

pS8P16p.png
It's hit and miss. Overall Nintendos emulator isn't horrible. Most graphical effects not emulated properly many people won't notice.

But the problem is the premium charge which is more then the base online. Graphical effects not emulated properly should not be present at all.

Ocarina of Time also has horrible input latency for some reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over