ROM Hack N64 Online - Mod Discussion

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that games were designed with those limitations. So unless they improve the draw distance while removing the fog then it would be an improvement. But they didn't do that as this is emulation so it's a poor attempt by Nintendo to not give quality emulation.
personally whenever I emulate N64 games I always turn off fog because most of the time its only there to hide objects and games look clearer without it. the reflections though is an issue for sure.

zorokenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I see people complain about accuracy a lot but nobody can ever give an example of the problem caused its just parrots repeating each other
Very true I have tested so far almost all the games and they run smoothly and without any speed or audio problems so why are people saying that is crap because in my humble opinion is better than having to play with problems in retroarch

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Very true I have tested so far almost all the games and they run smoothly and without any speed or audio problems so why are people saying that is crap because in my humble opinion is better than having to play with problems in retroarch
Retroarch has far more advanced emulators

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Retroarch is great but you have to tweak a lot to make game run smooth and some setting may work for one game but not other game, so that why you have to save setting for specific game.

Ugh... some N64 games crashed in Retroarch.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it easier to run the GameCube games on emulator than N64 games?
GC runs even worse than n64 games. quite unplayable on hos, dolphin, and even android. i wouldnt hold your breath for a GC emulator optimized enough for how weak the switch hardware is.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GC runs even worse than n64 games. quite unplayable on hos, dolphin, and even android. i wouldnt hold your breath for a GC emulator optimized enough for how weak the switch hardware is.
Nintendo managed to get Super Mario Sunshine to run well with little to no issues.

It is all about good development team to optimize the game, so N64 emulator likely to be developed by bad or inexperienced team.

But I doubt that NSO GC emulator is going happen but Nintendo likely to remaster some of GC titles that we don’t know.

As for my post, I'm interested to see a complexes of N64 and GC but many people said PS2 games are easier to emulate with little to no issues, so that why I wonder.

Last edited by JeepX87,

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only got information from Nintendo, so feel free to reply to other member's post if you don't agree with me, so I don't care.

I run the CFW for cheats, save transfer and Retroarch (in homebrew), so no piracy nor unofficial NSP nor modification on my Switch for 3 years to minimize the ban risk. I bought all games legally.

Hacking in Switch is wildly different from members and members, so that why I only gave an answer that come from Nintendo. I can't answer beyond if anyone install NSP or modification. Atmosphere has been updated quickly so no biggie deal.

There is reason that I posted in here - I'm interested to look at save format and see if it is possible to mod the save. If it is wrong thread, I'm going create a new thread about NSO N64 emulation and save format.

Last edited by JeepX87,

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realized that I got mixed up with N64 online and N64 app, so when I look at N64 online term so it made me assume that you want to play N64 online via Nintendo server.

My apology for confusion and yes, I heard that firmware version 12.0 is minimum for N64 app.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...