N64 Not turning on

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well 2 days ago I decided to use the old consoles I have (SNES and N64 only) and hook em up to a spare TV, the SNES works 100% but the N64 doesnt even want to turn on, I plug in everything I clean out the game and when I turn it on, the red light doesnt light up and it just does nothing, is it because the N64 is too old or to I have to clean it inside? And btw what is the cheapest and best SNES flashcart?

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maplemage said:
Well 2 days ago I decided to use the old consoles I have (SNES and N64 only) and hook em up to a spare TV, the SNES works 100% but the N64 doesnt even want to turn on, I plug in everything I clean out the game and when I turn it on, the red light doesnt light up and it just does nothing, is it because the N64 is too old or to I have to clean it inside? And btw what is the cheapest and best SNES flashcart?

For the N64 you should have a look at the power adapter contacts... otherwise unplug the power adaptor for the N64 leave it for like 1-2 days then try again.

For the Best Snes Flashcart, have a look at the super everdrive, prices depend of if you want a cool casing, DSP-1 (special chip alowing to play pilotwings/mario kart mainly).

There are no "Best Snes flashcarts" every flashcart have their pro and cons, (especially since every of those flashcarts can only play regular games + sometimes DSP-1 games, if you wanted one that plays every fucking games (Super FX, SA-1 et so on), come back in several years).

EDIT: For the Snes flashcart (and other ones from krikzz): Everdrive
For the Snes PowerPak: Snes Powerpak

D

Deleted-273695

Yeah but you plugged in an adaptor. Also try to open it if you can and clean it - this guys one wouldn't work and he opened it up and found cobwebs he cleaned it thouroghly and then it worked again.

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ihackedit said:
Yeah but you plugged in an adaptor. Also try to open it if you can and clean it - this guys one wouldn't work and he opened it up and found cobwebs he cleaned it thouroghly and then it worked again.
How do you open it? The screws are weird.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It happened to me too on my N64 and i ended to buy another power supply from ebay (used).

About the screws, search "gameBit screwdriver" in google image.
wink.gif

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
Maplemage said:
Mbmax said:
It happened to me too on my N64 and i ended to buy another power supply from ebay (used).

About the screws, search "gameBit screwdriver" in google image.
wink.gif
Is there another way to do it without buying a screwdriver?

Not that I know of, maybe using some tweezers and a lot of effort.

Buying a screwdriver will definitely pay off though, since a lot of tech/game consoles can only be opened that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-