N64 Not turning on

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Maplemage, May 1, 2011.

1. Maplemage
    OP

Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Sep 23, 2008
    Why would you care?
    Well 2 days ago I decided to use the old consoles I have (SNES and N64 only) and hook em up to a spare TV, the SNES works 100% but the N64 doesnt even want to turn on, I plug in everything I clean out the game and when I turn it on, the red light doesnt light up and it just does nothing, is it because the N64 is too old or to I have to clean it inside? And btw what is the cheapest and best SNES flashcart?

2. indask8

indask8 New Member Forever

Apr 19, 2007
    France
    Look at the Flag...
    For the N64 you should have a look at the power adapter contacts... otherwise unplug the power adaptor for the N64 leave it for like 1-2 days then try again.

For the Best Snes Flashcart, have a look at the super everdrive, prices depend of if you want a cool casing, DSP-1 (special chip alowing to play pilotwings/mario kart mainly).

There are no "Best Snes flashcarts" every flashcart have their pro and cons, (especially since every of those flashcarts can only play regular games + sometimes DSP-1 games, if you wanted one that plays every fucking games (Super FX, SA-1 et so on), come back in several years).

EDIT: For the Snes flashcart (and other ones from krikzz): Everdrive
    For the Snes PowerPak: Snes Powerpak

3. Maplemage
    OP

Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Sep 23, 2008
    Why would you care?
    Okay, thanks for the info ill post back in 2 days if it still doesnt work (even though that I left it not connected for like years)

4. ihackedit

ihackedit GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2011
    Australia, Victoria
    Yeah but you plugged in an adaptor. Also try to open it if you can and clean it - this guys one wouldn't work and he opened it up and found cobwebs he cleaned it thouroghly and then it worked again.

5. Maplemage
    OP

Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Sep 23, 2008
    Why would you care?
    How do you open it? The screws are weird.

6. Mbmax

Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Nov 7, 2006
    It happened to me too on my N64 and i ended to buy another power supply from ebay (used).

About the screws, search "gameBit screwdriver" in google image. [​IMG]

7. Maplemage
    OP

Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Sep 23, 2008
    Why would you care?
    Is there another way to do it without buying a screwdriver?

8. spinal_cord

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
    I have a snes cart for trade/sale - click that big text in my sig.

9. OmegaVesko

OmegaVesko GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2011
    Not that I know of, maybe using some tweezers and a lot of effort.

Buying a screwdriver will definitely pay off though, since a lot of tech/game consoles can only be opened that way.