Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
tk_saturn said:
Rydian said:
No, it's power has not been stated, any "it's better than X" is a rumor, nothing more than a guess.
Yes it has, 4.6V I believe. Same as the DSi.
yaynds.gif
Okay, I laughed, thank you. XD

Just reading your quotes there, and I'm preeeeeeettttttttttty suuuuure I heard the VP or pres of nintendo say the specs surpass the wii's..

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Charmandersrule said:
It more than likely can, seeing as it is supposedly more powerful than the psp and judging on how the graphics look.

That's because theres tons of video memory, but you still gotta have a good CPU. Either way, I'm sure it will be equal to or greater than the PSP's processing power, and any PSP can use an N64 emulator (and can easily go full speed on a Phat PSP when tweaked)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Brian10122 said:
Just reading your quotes there, and I'm preeeeeeettttttttttty suuuuure I heard the VP or pres of nintendo say the specs surpass the wii's..No, you didn't. That was never said, that's a rumor, there's no source. People keep saying it, people totally unrelated to nintendo, people that are just making guesses.

Brian10122 said:
QUOTE(Charmandersrule @ Jul 13 2010, 10:44 PM) It more than likely can, seeing as it is supposedly more powerful than the psp and judging on how the graphics look.
That's because theres tons of video memory, but you still gotta have a good CPU. Either way, I'm sure it will be equal to or greater than the PSP's processing power, and any PSP can use an N64 emulator (and can easily go full speed on a Phat PSP when tweaked)
1 - Video memory is not a measurement of speed.
http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?ca...7&card2=187
Both those cards come with 256 megs of video ram on them.
But the second one is over twice as fast as the first.

2 - Graphics are a function of the GPU, not the CPU, and the CPU is most involved with emulation.
I've already had this discussion and proven that point earlier in this thread.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I have no knowledge of any technical specs, and if I did I wouldn't know what they meant.

The PSP could emulate N64 (although far from perfect), and this is a whole new generation of handheld. From what I've seen, things only get better after each generation. We may not see perfect N64 emulation, but we'll definitely see something.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It wont have, nor we'll see some hacker being able to create a full speed emulator for it, look at the Wii emu.....it has been there for like 2 and half years now, is it at least on beta state...?? so NO, cause by the time someone even think on starting an N64 emulator for the 3DS, "N" will present a new handheld...!!
biggrin.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
It wont have, nor we'll see some hacker being able to create a full speed emulator for it, look at the Wii emu.....it has been there for like 2 and half years now, is it at least on beta state...?? so NO, cause by the time someone even think on starting an N64 emulator for the 3DS, "N" will present a new handheld...!!
biggrin.gif
It's not about wether or not there will be a N64 emulator, it's about wether or not it's capable of emulating it.

Before someone writes an emulator, it has to be cracked. Before that, it has to be released.

I'm of the opinion that Nintendo would be able to do full speed N64 games through the 3DSWare virtual console if they choose to do so. Will they? who knows. Once they've done the emulator, provided it hasn't been cracked VC is easy money.

Nepeta

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
biggrin.gif

....Are you... serious? Jesus, I'm guessing you've never played a PSP before, or even heard of Daedalus. Even then, I can imagine PJ64 being able to run on 3DS.

Nepeta

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
ether2802 said:
biggrin.gif
It's not about wether or not there will be a N64 emulator, it's about wether or not it's capable of emulating it.

Before someone writes an emulator, it has to be cracked. Before that, it has to be released.

I'm of the opinion that Nintendo would be able to do full speed N64 games through the 3DSWare virtual console if they choose to do so. Will they? who knows. Once they've done the emulator, provided it hasn't been cracked VC is easy money.

I'd be fine with VC. I just wanna play Paper Mario 64 on the go o_o

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if WiFi multiplayer would be a possibility.
Whether on VC or a homebrew emulator, I'd love to see it happen.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Even if N64 emulation was possible, it would be years before the 1st beta emulator can run a rom...

The 3DS is still a year later, and you have to give time for hacking and such, it may be 4 or 5 years from now before we see anything N64 working on 3DS.

Nepeta

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Njrg said:
Even if N64 emulation was possible, it would be years before the 1st beta emulator can run a rom...

The 3DS is still a year later, and you have to give time for hacking and such, it may be 4 or 5 years from now before we see anything N64 working on 3DS.

Dudedudeuddueudueduedue.

No

Daedalus.

ok?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian10122 said:
Njrg said:

Dudedudeuddueudueduedue.

No

Daedalus.

ok?

I don't know if Daedalus is some kind of program you're referring to, but the only thing that comes to mind is Icarus's father.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian10122 said:
Njrg said:

Dudedudeuddueudueduedue.

No

Daedalus.

ok?
yes however how many homebrew makers on DS are dedicated enough to create something like that?
the DS homebrew scene is a joke compared the psp homebrew scene, both have just about died now though
I think daedalus we had like 4 different groups using the source trying to improve it and we still dont have a proper release, I dont think it still active anymore

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
Brian10122 said:
Njrg said:

Dudedudeuddueudueduedue.

No

Daedalus.

ok?
yes however how many homebrew makers on DS are dedicated enough to create something like that?
the DS homebrew scene is a joke compared the psp homebrew scene, both have just about died now though
I think daedalus we had like 4 different groups using the source trying to improve it and we still dont have a proper release, I dont think it still active anymore
This isn't the DS. This is the 3DS. A new system means a new group of homebrew makers (once the system is hacked). This release could gain some interest from the more experienced hackers and coders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol