Homebrew RELEASE N64 dynarec is out as beta release

KuraudoSutoraifu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just for clarification, the dynarec enabled core is mupen64plus-next, right? Also, could someone share their config for that core? Mine doesn't seem right at all. Thanks!

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just for clarification, the dynarec enabled core is mupen64plus-next, right? Also, could someone share their config for that core? Mine doesn't seem right at all. Thanks!
It's on page 26. If you want to cut and paste to your cfg file, you need to either change all settings to point to the newer "next" version, or rename the mupen "next" version to be the same name as the other older version.

Reactions: KuraudoSutoraifu

atypicalchaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's on page 26. If you want to cut and paste to your cfg file, you need to either change all settings to point to the newer "next" version, or rename the mupen "next" version to be the same name as the other older version.

Or look at the values and then go into settings and set each of the corresponding settings to those values :P

they share configs
I think this is true as despite making changes Ive never found anything other than mupenplus in the .cfg

Last edited by atypicalchaos,

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Nah I asked m4xw a few pages back

does mupen64plus next just use mupen64plus options in the config? I changed settings in the next core and it just updated mupen64plus in the config, so I don't need to rename each line?

No, the core options are shared - but Per game core options are put in a different folder.

fallingrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I tried ocarina of time and it works much better. Thank you very much m4xw for you work.

I changed the configuration manually with the options of page 26. I use retroarch with full ram (nro through hbl with redirection). However, there is some stuttering and sound crackling, in portable mode and docked. Is it normal? Is there anything I could do to solve it?

And another question: in what directory can I find the mupen64 next cfg file?

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the smartest way of updating to the latest core each day? I've been deleting all of the Retroarch files from my SD card everyday (thousands of files) and copying over the files from the new nightly. I'm probably wasting time and wearing out my SD card for no reason. Are there any issues with just copying over the new Mupen Next core?

Yeah it takes forever i use nxmtp which allows you to transfer the files via usb but it still takes forever its about the same speed as putting your sd card in your computer.

Im not downloading new ones everyday though just when theres a big improvement.

You can remove something like ~6,000 files if you delete (or don't upload) the contents of the Overlays folder, as well as XMB. There might be another folder I am forgetting but since I use FTP, updating nightlies was a nightmare until I did this. By doing the above, it's something like ~1,500 files and much, much faster.

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I won't be able to use the newest patches SX OS is a must for me, I have Switch games on my external hdd.
With Atmosphere's new "Reboot To Payload" feature, you can set Hekate as the payload and change between Atmosphere and SX OS using that method. If/when SX OS implements this feature this would allow seamless switching between each CFW without the need for a jig/dongle. That would allow you to easily run Atmosphere when you wanna play RetroArch with patches, and SX OS when you wanna play XCI/NSPs off of your external HDD.

Last edited by stick267,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==