XP
Country
United States
ds.gif
N5 v1.18
Numerous ROM Fixes
n5_cart_mini.png
The R4 DS clone, N5, gets an update.
It fixes problems with NDS #2203, #2219, #2240, and with #2250.

Changelog said:
Solved 2203, 2219, 2240, 2250 problem
download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
N5 Homepage
icon11.gif
Read Sinkhead's N5 Review

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If by "supportive", you mean waiting for R4 to release their updates, then hacking them to work on this shitty cart, then sure, they're "supportive".

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
perkele said:
Who cares, for the same price you can get either a DSTT or an Acekard2 and those support SDHC.

Word. I have no idea why people would buy the N5...but I guess it's just those that are tricked into thinking it's an R4 (even then, why an R4?
smile.gif
)

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
sk3tch said:
perkele said:
Who cares, for the same price you can get either a DSTT or an Acekard2 and those support SDHC.

Word. I have no idea why people would buy the N5...but I guess it's just those that are tricked into thinking it's an R4 (even then, why an R4?
smile.gif
)

R4 is the most popular - it's almost become synonymous with DS flash cards. people who don't know what else is available just want to get an R4 because that's what one of their friends probably has, that's what they've heard about on the internet. (and it is, after all, still easy to use, highly compatible and well-made, it just lacks SDHC support and various other features that other cards have). and when these people go to their local shady video games shop and can't find one but see this "N5" marked as the "Next Generation R4" or whatever, they buy it! because they don't know any better.

then a fuse blows in their DS, and they tell all their friends not to bother with these flashcarts after all. i bet nintendo are delighted that there's such a shoddy product on the market.

garet12

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bollocks said:
sk3tch said:
perkele said:

smile.gif
)

R4 is the most popular - it's almost become synonymous with DS flash cards. people who don't know what else is available just want to get an R4 because that's what one of their friends probably has, that's what they've heard about on the internet. (and it is, after all, still easy to use, highly compatible and well-made, it just lacks SDHC support and various other features that other cards have). and when these people go to their local shady video games shop and can't find one but see this "N5" marked as the "Next Generation R4" or whatever, they buy it! because they don't know any better.

then a fuse blows in their DS, and they tell all their friends not to bother with these flashcarts after all. i bet nintendo are delighted that there's such a shoddy product on the market.
full agree "normal" people don't know any other cards before you show them so they search R4

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
In poland on internet auctions people sell that with slogan "successor of r4" (of course translated from polih
smile.gif
). So propably lot of newbies who aint know nothing will buy that.

Regiiko

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wonder if Nintendo are producing these N5s to give flashcart industry a bad image? lolol.

It's a long shot, but I'm sure they've thought of it before.

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Regiiko said:
Wonder if Nintendo are producing these N5s to give flashcart industry a bad image? lolol.

It's a long shot, but I'm sure they've thought of it before.
hell, i've certainly considered the possibility. if they did something like that, though, it'd have to be a completely new product, not a clone - they'd be in pretty deep shit if they were found to be making the N5 using stolen code.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Plus some N5s actually work. Why would Nintendo release a product that begs "Hey! Please steal our products! Royalties, etc don't mean anything to us!"?

I personally think N5 was made by the makers of R4, but they made the N5 from memory instead of documented stuff. To me at least that makes sense for the similiarities and the dumb differences.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imgod22222 said:
I personally think N5 was made by the makers of R4, but they made the N5 from memory instead of documented stuff.
You can't actually be stupid enough to think that... can you?

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what's this N5 sound generic.. but I may be biased, since R6 sounds generic too but it probably is a decent card. I read on the other thread about TTDS being dead, well I ordered one of those and didn't receive it so I cancelled out. Good to see that people like that M3 Real, I got 2 of those. I still got my original M3 and R4. I wonder what really is the best quality (in hardware terms) cart out right now. I'm guessing probably that R6.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw