Hacking n3DSxl Only Boots To GodMode9, Nothing Else

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
A hardware fault CAN be making you only have B9S payload access.
Such as Upper Screen FFC / 3D FFC / Camera FFC corrosion.

Thispi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A hardware fault CAN be making you only have B9S payload access.
Such as Upper Screen FFC / 3D FFC / Camera FFC corrosion.

Both screens are working just fine, not sure what FFC's are tho..and I can't test any of the other functions with just GodMode9

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So even though you spilled body wash on it, it still turned on and only booted into GodMode9?

I'm not sure of this system's history, as I obtained it like this, but it doesn't seem like anything has been spilled in it, nor does it smell like body wash lol.
Yeah, all of the payloads worked but sysnand and emunand would not boot. The exact thing that is happening to you. I tried just about everything I could think of software wise but never got it to work.

Thispi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, all of the payloads worked but sysnand and emunand would not boot. The exact thing that is happening to you. I tried just about everything I could think of software wise but never got it to work.

Well damn, that's pretty weird. What ever came out of that situation? Did you just end up parting the system out or replacing it or something?

I think it's kind of crazy that even if it was a hardware fault, that it would let certain things boot, while others not. Is there any diagnostics programs I could use to maybe narrow down which component is faulty?

Thispi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have some new information here..when I enabled some option in the Luma configuration screen and booted, I see some verbose logging that states the following:

An exception occurred

Processor: ARM9
Exception Type: prefetch abort (svcBreak)

..then it shows a ton of what I assume is memory addresses (R0, R1, R2, etc..up to R12...then SP, LR, PC, CPSR) all with hex values to the right of them.

Then it says "You can find a dump in the following file: dumps/arm9/crash_dump_00000001.dmp
Press any button to shut down"

That's all on the top screen, and the bottom screen shows a "Stack dump" with a ton of hex code that takes up the entire screen

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well damn, that's pretty weird. What ever came out of that situation? Did you just end up parting the system out or replacing it or something?

I think it's kind of crazy that even if it was a hardware fault, that it would let certain things boot, while others not. Is there any diagnostics programs I could use to maybe narrow down which component is faulty?
I bought a new system and threw away the old one.

I imagine the OS has functional checks on boot. The reason payloads work is because they boot before the OS. At first it was only my front facing camera that wasn't working but the system still booted fine. Eventually as things corroded further it just stopped working. I also lost a tablet in the same incident. I never knew how corrosive bodywash was until then.

I have no idea what the message you are seeing actually says, other than "An exception occurred". Maybe @Aurora Wright knows.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Both screens are working just fine, not sure what FFC's are tho..and I can't test any of the other functions with just GodMode9
Both screen display in GM9 =/= there are no hardware error inside your console.
B9S payloads, such as GM9 D9WIP etc., don't check whether the 3D FFC (Flexible Flat Cable) and Camera are workable or not. But Nintendo 3DS OS does.
So you had better
1) Unplug your Camera FFC to see whether you can enter Nintendo 3DS OS or not
2) If not, then exchange your 3D FFC to see whether you can enter Nintendo 3DS OS or not, since 3DS will not be booted when Upper Screen FFC and 3D FFC are released
3) If both of the above don't work, then it may be a mainboard error, you have to clear out every illegal information inside the NAND and send it to Nintendo

Last edited by MelonGx,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1