Hardware N3DS(XL): IPS vs TN Screens

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the XL's screens look like shit no matter which screen you have. This is the reason I bought a normal N3ds because if you put the normal and XL side by side the resolution on the Normal is sharp and very bight the colors look great then you look at the XL which shares the same resolution as the normal but has bigger screens so it really looks bad to me. Why can't nintendo give the XL a higher resolution is beyond me

Reactions: :-infern:

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should link to the archive instead of the thread

Anw my phone uses an IPS panel, so does my monitor. And it's pretty close to my Vita's OLED screen in terms of color and black. Only problem is the dithering artifact (?).
The vita's OLED screen is soooo much better then any 3ds in terms of resolution and color. But it doesn't really matter anyway because sony removed the OLED for a LCD which looks nowhere as good as the OLED. But the the vita is dead anyway so that makes the 3ds a obvious choice if your looking for a handheld gaming system

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
100% bullshit.
The only disadvantage of TNs is the color shifts at wider vieweing angles.
How many people can play at the same time on a 3DS? Why the hell would it need to support a wide veiwing angle?

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
100% bullshit.
How many people can play at the same time on a 3DS? Why the hell would it need to support a wide veiwing angle?
Because the top screen isn't just one screen, it's two embended to look like one only, wich both are place in angle for your eyes.

Pip'

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Because the top screen isn't just one screen, it's two embended to look like one only, wich both are place in angle for your eyes.

Pip'
Mate you really need to chill on whatever you are taking :D

Top screen consists of ONE display having several layers of filters added to it to be able to produce 3d picture. (theres a disassembly of it on some japanese page i believe).

lpchaim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
100% bullshit.
Well, for one thing it does seem like it somewhat breaks the N3DS's face-tracking-enhanced 3d, according to some.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
100% bullshit.

Nope, IPS panels almost always produce more accurate colors...I know this from my experience with calibrating LCD displays.

As for the response time, the average IPS panel does have better response times and less ghosting than TN panels but nothing too noticeable the average human eye can detect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-