N3DS to 3DS system transfer?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by drfsupercenter, Apr 13, 2015.

1. drfsupercenter
    OP

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    I seem to recall seeing a thread discussing this, but the terms are so vague that searching doesn't help.

I know you can't do it normally, it pops up an error saying you aren't allowed to. But has anyone figured out a way to hack it? Just curious.

2. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Nintendo wants you to call them if you want to do a downgrade transfer to old3ds. Seriously.

3. drfsupercenter
    OP

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    That's not really a transfer though, is it? I thought that basically just gives your new system the download rights so you can redownload all your games from the eShop. That won't transfer saves or other things.

4. dkabot

dkabot Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own

Sep 9, 2014
    United States
    With Gateway involved you could just backup and restore your saves manually if need be, no?

5. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Probably not, considering you'd have to be on the latest firmware to access the eShop...

6. drfsupercenter
    OP

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    I'm talking about eShop saves, not cartridge saves.

And yeah, the whole point was that I have a N3DS XL I bought, it's on 9.2, and currently running Gateway.. but I want to update it and system transfer my old system to it, with all my eShop purchased games.

But with the old 3DSes, I can always transfer to an emuNAND if need be so I can mess around with SaveDataFiler etc, but with the N3DS I'd basically be SOL.