N3DS SD Card keeps dying

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Scresho, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Scresho
    OP

Scresho Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hello, i bought a n3ds a few month ago and i used the micro SD Card which was inside from the beginning
    I just used it normal, having 2 games installed and some homebrew (no piracy stuff)
    The thing is the Card crashed 2 times now (first after the progress of transfering files from my o3ds and 2nd after some time with the SD Card fresh formatted)

Is the SD Card just shit? Should i just buy a New one? Or could this also be a Problem of my n3ds?

2. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    try a new sd card

3. Lord Socky

Lord Socky Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    Test it with H2testw. I had a fake SD card that I bought off Amazon, shipped from their warehouse and everything. Plagued me for months until I realized my issues happened every time I hit the 16GB mark, which just coincidentally my 3DS eShop library barely passes, so it wasn't a problem unless I tried to install everything at once. When I went to check, the seller had a ton of counterfeit SD card reports. Amazon was able to refund and replace, though.

4. Scresho
    OP

Scresho Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Yeah but the SD Card was inside my factory sealed n3ds i dont think the SD is a fake..

5. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Maybe not fake, but it can still be a bad card. Those happen randomly. It's possible to buy a brand new legit SD card and it just fails early on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice