Maiken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I've been trying to downgrade my N3DS from 9.5 to 9.2. An error occured during the installation, so I'm stuck with a partial downgrade. Problems:

• I can't seem to launch homebrew launcher when pressing down, while booting.
  • I can launch homebrew launcher from the browser.
  • Plailect guide says to download the ropbin payload of 9.2 and replace browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin. However, that file does not exist.

My questions:
  • Can I try to upgrade again from the homebrew launcher opened from the browser?
  • If I need to replace a file, which one should I replace?
Thank you in advance.

Solution (if you have the same problem):
  • I deleted the files on my SD except Nintendo 3DS and started the guide all over again.
  • Instead of the ropbin for 9.5, I downloaded the one for 9.2.
  • I was able to install menuhax and it worked during boot again.
  • The system downgrade was able to finish.

Last edited by Maiken,

Cody090909

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I've been trying to downgrade my N3DS from 9.5 to 9.2. An error occured during the installation, so I'm stuck with a partial downgrade. Problems:

• I can't seem to launch homebrew launcher when pressing down, while booting.
  • I can launch homebrew launcher from the browser.
  • Plailect guide says to download the ropbin payload of 9.2 and replace browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin. However, that file does not exist.

My questions:
  • Can I try to upgrade again from the homebrew launcher opened from the browser?
  • If I need to replace a file, which one should I replace?
Thank you in advance.
I would just grab a fresh starter.zip from smealum's homebrew site.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Launch homebrew from the browser and complete the downgrade? I'd make sure you actually got a partial downgrade and check system settings.

wiiu more like pee u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think that you've partially downgraded run the downgrade again. Run menuhax as that seems to be the best entrypoint and run the the downgrade again

Maiken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Launch homebrew from the browser and complete the downgrade? I'd make sure you actually got a partial downgrade and check system settings.

It says 9.2.0 after the failed downgrade. So assume it's partial as written in de the guide.

If you think that you've partially downgraded run the downgrade again. Run menuhax as that seems to be the best entrypoint and run the the downgrade again

Menuhax won't run. If I press down during boot, it boots in the normal menu and says "an error has occured. Please save your data in any software currently in use and restart the system."

go to https://smealum.github.io/3ds/#otherapp and get a ropbin file for 9.2.0 in your region, rename the ropbin file to browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin and place that on the root of your sd card.

I tried this, same problem. It will launch from the browser, but not on boot.

Last edited by Maiken,

Maiken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Change your theme, then use homebrew from the browser to reinstall menuhax.

Also didn't work.

I solved it by removing all files my from SD and starting again. I used the ropbin of 9.2.0 to install menuhax. That made it start during boot again. After that I could finish the downgrade.

Thank you all for trying to help me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo