Hacking n3DS DSiWare Downgrade - just a checklist before I get going...

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
So I got my hands on another european n3DS. I have an a9lh'ed n3DS that's also an european one. Problem is that it's my main game console at the moment. So I have a bit of housekeeping to do before I actually buy Fieldrunners and do the system transfer.

I don't have an NNID on my system. Would it be possible to buy Fieldrunners without the NNID? - it might make my life less complicated.

0) Inject FBI into H&S (just so it survives the format and I don't have to do it again).
1) Use JK's Save Manager to pull my game saves - Binding of Isaac, Kingdom's Item Shop, SteamWorld Heist
2) Use ????? to pull my SNES virtual console saves - I have Earthbound and a couple of other SNES titles that I don't want to lose.
3) Use ????? to pull my custom GBA vc saves.
4) Create a burner NNID and buy Fieldrunners.
5) Use FBI to inject the modified save into Fieldrunners.
6) Do the system transfer.
7) Downgrade and 9.2 the target n3DS, and then install A9LH onto it.

After the Fact:
0) Delete the NNID on the target n3DS.
1) Install all my games as cias again.
2) Install JKSM and use it to put my saves back onto the original system.
3) Enjoy my system again!

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
You don't need an NNID to download games or do a system transfer.

EDIT: Also, it's simpler than that. Simply make a NAND backup of your current system and make a backup of your SD contents, no need to backup saves and stuff individually.

Last edited by astronautlevel,

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
You don't need an NNID to download games or do a system transfer.

EDIT: Also, it's simpler than that. Simply make a NAND backup of your current system and make a backup of your SD contents, no need to backup saves and stuff individually.

Good to know! I swear I was prompted to make a NNID the last time I bought something online, but maybe that's my imagination.

Update: Checked it out! Yes, I can buy Fieldrunners without an NNID. Next time, I won't do that!

Last edited by astrangeone,

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
So I got my hands on another european n3DS. I have an a9lh'ed n3DS that's also an european one. Problem is that it's my main game console at the moment. So I have a bit of housekeeping to do before I actually buy Fieldrunners and do the system transfer.

I don't have an NNID on my system. Would it be possible to buy Fieldrunners without the NNID? - it might make my life less complicated.

0) Inject FBI into H&S (just so it survives the format and I don't have to do it again).
1) Use JK's Save Manager to pull my game saves - Binding of Isaac, Kingdom's Item Shop, SteamWorld Heist
2) Use ????? to pull my SNES virtual console saves - I have Earthbound and a couple of other SNES titles that I don't want to lose.
3) Use ????? to pull my custom GBA vc saves.
4) Create a burner NNID and buy Fieldrunners.
5) Use FBI to inject the modified save into Fieldrunners.
6) Do the system transfer.
7) Downgrade and 9.2 the target n3DS, and then install A9LH onto it.

After the Fact:
0) Delete the NNID on the target n3DS.
1) Install all my games as cias again.
2) Install JKSM and use it to put my saves back onto the original system.
3) Enjoy my system again!
Just install DevMenu with regular FBI. That also survives formats and doesn't intrude stock apps.

Yep, you can buy stuff without an NNID.

I reccomend using an emuNAND for the DSiWare downgrade, no reason to worry about saves. Make sure you TinyFormat, though! Also make sure to make a NAND backup before the transfer and restore it after the transfer completed. Open the eShop, let it fix itself, then you can kill the emuNAND.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-