Hacking N3DS - Does the DS exploit get wiped for YOU? (+ poll)

Does running DS games/DSiware wipe the exploit for you?

• Yes

Votes: 68 32.4%
  • No

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • magikarp

Votes: 106 50.5%

• Total voters

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
Wouldn't this possibly cause issues? Does it not affect DS games?

We don't really know much about it yet. It seems to work well for everyone (?) although I seem to have found a way to stop it working - which I reckon is to access your DS username from within a DS game. The steps above fix it again though, so yay :)

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This worked for me too! Thanks so much!
Previously the profile exploit was wiped till I tried this. Below are my actual steps.

1) Install the exploit using the N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds; e.g. Profile Name: slslasher
2) Go to settings and change Profile Name to another one; e.g. Profile Name: slslasher01
3) Launch a DS game, exploit would be gone
4) Install the exploit using the N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds again and it should be stuck

Extra Steps because I want to change back my original profile name
5) Go to settings and change Profile Name to my original one; e.g. Profile Name: slslasher
6) Launch exploit and test, there should be an error.
7) Install the exploit using the N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds again and it should be stuck
Has anybody tried this on a O3DS? It should be especially handy for people who play DSiware with PBT-CFW.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried it, It didn't work, the ds settings menu would just open at the end.
Thanks for confirming that.

Interesting the it only works on N3DS. I wonder what the reason might be? After getting downgraded, the Settings app in the N3DS is identical to that of a O3DS, isn't it?

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for confirming that.

Interesting the it only works on N3DS. I wonder what the reason might be? After getting downgraded, the Settings app in the N3DS is identical to that of a O3DS, isn't it?
No clue, but it would have been nice, still my 3ds is collecting dust except for my old dsiware games so its not big deal to me. (Good lord its so tiny now after playing on a XL XD)

Janseeen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry i'm new to the Gateway 3DS scene, how do I use the" N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds" to get my exploit stuck? Also as soon as I run the exploit it starts into Gateway Mode, is there a way to get on to the Gateway Menu from there?

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Previously the profile exploit was wiped till I tried this. Below are my actual steps.

1) Install the exploit using the N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds; e.g. Profile Name: slslasher
2) Go to settings and change Profile Name to another one; e.g. Profile Name: slslasher01
4) Install the exploit using the N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds again and it should be stuck

5) Go to settings and change Profile Name to my original one; e.g. Profile Name: slslasher
7) Install the exploit using the N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds again and it should be stuck

well i guess then the reason why the exploit worked on my regular N3DS is because i already had 2 different profile names for both sys & emu nand while the N3DSXL which failed to keep the exploit had the same name on both sys & emu nand profiles !!

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

this worked for me too :)

Alessandro98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll try this method you are all succeeding with tomorrow and report back, but where exactly can I find the N3ds rop installer for Ds flashcards that you all are talking about?
Thanks a lot in advance

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you dont need to use the roploader, the NVRAM installer in the GW menu works just as well if you cant run the .nds file

Can someone explain how to use the N3DS Rop Installer? I can't even get my blue card to run. :blink:
you need to install flashcardtimewarp.cia to unblock the bluecard on 9.x

Jim~

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3DS XL Black (USA) - Sysnand 9.0

[*] Installed NVRAM using gateway launcher.
[*] Installed MSET downgrade via DevTools in gateway mode on Sysnand using fresh SD card.
[*] Played games with Supercard DSTWO on Sysnand
[*] Gateway MSET exploit remained intact. Did not need to run gateway installer from DS mode.

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
you dont need to use the roploader, the NVRAM installer in the GW menu works just as well if you cant run the .nds file

you need to install flashcardtimewarp.cia to unblock the bluecard on 9.x
flashcardtimewarp.cia works on N3DS without any issues? I recall reading around here that it doesn't and it's better to downgrade the whitelist and TWL_FIRM using 3DNUS and FBI.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

so it does not depend on the nds installer, ok.
so all i am supposed to so then is install the exploit. change my name, and install the exploit again?
i did that, it still got wiped when i ran a dsigame.

maybe i will try different games, i simply added a 1 to the existing username :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
flashcardtimewarp.cia works on N3DS without any issues? I recall reading around here that it doesn't and it's better to downgrade the whitelist and TWL_FIRM using 3DNUS and FBI.
it works fine, just people prefer the more "legit" way has pretty much the same effect anyway and its easier for people to do than uninstalling the whitelist and reinstalling etc....personal preference really
so it does not depend on the nds installer, ok.
so all i am supposed to so then is install the exploit. change my name, and install the exploit again?
i did that, it still got wiped when i ran a dsigame.

maybe i will try different games, i simply added a 1 to the existing username :)
well it *shouldn't*(matter which nvram installer is used) it worked for me anyway with just using the GW NV ram installer, but then again i was in the group of people who it stuck for by default

Reactions: cearp and Blueie

slslasher

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
After reading past 3 pages the conclusion for a shorter method is, install exploit >>> change name >>> install exploit?
Can anyone try the exact steps and confirm it works?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: My older brother