n3ds cfw unable to turn on n3ds after trying to upgrade from luma 6.1

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Mioko, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Mioko
    OP

Mioko Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2018
    United States
    Good evening,

I was walking through the 3dshacks.guide of upgrading my n3ds from luma 6.1. I was able to get to the part where I boot into GodMode to configure the settings. After that I received error codes (sorry don't have them written down) and now on my n3ds when i try to power it on I get a flashing blue light.
    Sometimes I have luck booting into the luma config mode and after I select the setting options I get the error "Unable to decrypt CTRNAND firm. Press any button to shut down"
    When i select (L)(R)(Up)(A) and power on it will boot into the 3ds menu but if I unpress the buttons it will freeze. Any Help is appreciated. I have attached a copy of the files that I used when I initially installed CFW.

I was able to boot into the 3ds menu one time and noticed that I am on 11.6 -39U if that helps

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you have a different SD card try using it instead.

Get GodMode9.firm, rename to boot.firm and put it on your SD card root. If you can turn on your console and get into GodMode9, then try https://3ds.guide/ctrtransfer

After that put Luma boot.firm on the root of your card.

Last edited by Quantumcat, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Mioko
    OP

Mioko Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2018
    United States
    Thank you Quantumcat, I will get a new SD card and try tomorrow. I'm thinking it must be the sd card. I've tried almost every combo of luma/godmode/bootstrap i can think of.

4. Mioko
    OP

Mioko Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2018
    United States
    I tried a new micro sd card, and when i turn it on the blue light still flashes on and back off.

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Try putting arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma 7.0.5 on your SD card, maybe you still have A9LH? Flashing on then off means it is missing its boot file.

6. Mioko
    OP

Mioko Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2018
    United States
    Should I remove the other files and just try arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of the SD Card?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice