n-Space Working On Geist DS Before CoD: Mobilised?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, May 18, 2010.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Source

Geist was a first person adventure title that Nintendo published for the Gamecube (only the second M rated game to be released by Nintendo). It was in development for a very fricking long time and when it eventually released there were a few flaws and framerate issues but it could have been an excellent game if it had been given more time and a better game engine. A DS version seems like a long shot, especially seeing the GC version didn't do well at all.

Nintendo still owns the rights for Geist and any possible titles in the series, I still hope for a Wii version that irons out all the flaws.

2. geoflcl

geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

Jan 18, 2009
    United States
    Boy, how I love little secrets like this!

Geist, huh? I nearly forgot about that game. And yeah, a DS version wouldn't do that well, I think...

3. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Geist on GameCube was an interesting game, but it wasn't interesting enough to keep playing it. A DS or Wii sequel would be interesting...

4. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Weird...

One possible scenario could be that someone was working on it as a pet project, and the file name somehow got accidentally used while working with the game engine.

5. nugundam0079

nugundam0079 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2008
    United States
    New Jersey
    I loved this game! I do wish they would work on a Wii version instead... [​IMG]