n-Space Working On Geist DS Before CoD: Mobilised?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Someone has gone hacking into a DS copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Mobilized, which is when they found the credits.bin and Credits.txt files. When those files are examined, the following information comes up.

geist ds™
for nintendo ds

credits

lead software engineer

shawn leaf

software engineers

leon brown
john m. meyers

lead artist

jason miller

artists

aaron c. gaines
james j. inziello
scott kiraly
jeanne m. kiraly
w. randy king
joshua davis

audio

mike reed

producers

bob hichborn
erick s. dyke

special thanks

thanks to the following people
for their valuable help
and support:

dan o’leary
sean purcell
gary meyers
and
especially to the originating
geist™ team at
n-space, inc.

The credits clearly state Geist DS at the top, and it leaves me wondering where the project is. Something tells me that n-Space may have been working on the project, got the call from Activision for a Modern Warfare adaptation, and they just swapped new assets into the Geist DS engine. That's my two cents...what do you think? Thanks to Tanks for the heads up!

Source

Geist was a first person adventure title that Nintendo published for the Gamecube (only the second M rated game to be released by Nintendo). It was in development for a very fricking long time and when it eventually released there were a few flaws and framerate issues but it could have been an excellent game if it had been given more time and a better game engine. A DS version seems like a long shot, especially seeing the GC version didn't do well at all.

Nintendo still owns the rights for Geist and any possible titles in the series, I still hope for a Wii version that irons out all the flaws.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Boy, how I love little secrets like this!

Geist, huh? I nearly forgot about that game. And yeah, a DS version wouldn't do that well, I think...

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird...

One possible scenario could be that someone was working on it as a pet project, and the file name somehow got accidentally used while working with the game engine.

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Overlord Nadrian said:
dukemagus said:
24 hours, no dump... strange. normally it takes less time.

back to the game... this one support wfc gameplay right? any problem if i create a topic to discuss it/gather FCs when the game get dumped/cracked?
It can take years, actually. It just depends on who wants to dump the game.

And yeah, you can create a topic for sharing FCs. Otherwise just put something about it in your sig.

I loved this game! I do wish they would work on a Wii version instead...
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill