Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
desktopbar.JPG

barretskin.JPG

download here . http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/2/24/815747/bar%20skin.rar

This is my very first time at making a skin. I have never used photoshop before so go easy on me. I know its si** however i want this sh** skin to inspire people to make some
biggrin.gif

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No offense, but these skins are useless until the final build of the new firmware comes out. Since most people would be upgrading to the beta which doesn't support skins.

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No offense, but these skins are useless until the final build of the new firmware comes out. Since most people would be upgrading to the beta which doesn't support skins.

I found out the new firmware is skinable. You just do the same thing as always drop the skins into the dsystems folder.

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll definitely be making some skins as soon as I pick up my DS.

Thegame07, I like your skins, but I reckon you could easily do something like that Vincent one you posted.

If I can make a suggestion: I noticed most of yours look very similar in the top and bottom screens. They clash a little. I think it looks better if you make the top screen as something detailed like a character, but keep the bottom screen as some kind of simple pattern or landscape to complement the top.

Like if you're doing a Solid Snake theme just do a close up of his face, or him crouching against a wall for the top, then for the bottom just his camoflauge, an empty hallway, or close up of dog tags.

Not sure.... I suck at photoshop actually. Just thinking out loud.

Edit: That Darth Vader one rules. It'll go well with my black DS.

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll definitely be making some skins as soon as I pick up my DS.

Thegame07, I like your skins, but I reckon you could easily do something like that Vincent one you posted.

If I can make a suggestion: I noticed most of yours look very similar in the top and bottom screens. They clash a little. I think it looks better if you make the top screen as something detailed like a character, but keep the bottom screen as some kind of simple pattern or landscape to complement the top.

Like if you're doing a Solid Snake theme just do a close up of his face, or him crouching against a wall for the top, then for the bottom just his camoflauge, an empty hallway, or close up of dog tags.

Not sure.... I suck at photoshop actually. Just thinking out loud.

Edit: That Darth Vader one rules. It'll go well with my black DS.

thanks for the advice
biggrin.gif
also a special thanks to joker for making skins
bow.gif

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
What are the requirements for making a skin anyway? Just make some bitmaps with the correct dimensions and filenames?

What are the dimensions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: