My Wii Shoots DVDs out!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by avexdevil, Sep 24, 2007.

1. avexdevil
    OP

avexdevil Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2007
    does anybody experience this as well? my wii is modded with a wiikey, and this problem has occurred twice in the entire time I own my wii. coincidentally it only happend to a burnt copy of SSX blur both times. I would press eject, and the blue led would not light up but the dvd drive will make a grinding sound at the disc will come propelling out of the dvd drive - literally roll out - and the drive will still continue to make noises. Resetting it stops the problem. fyi, the copy of ssx blur works perfectly fine [​IMG].

2. adamrgolf

adamrgolf GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2007
    United States
    unplug it before it attempts to takes over the world

3. berrrt

berrrt Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2006
    Gambia, The
    reminds me of that south park episode where chef's tv walks out of his room and starts shootin random people [​IMG]

4. Don Andy

Don Andy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Germany, duh
    Try to recreate that with another Wii, mount them on your shoulders and take over the world!

Nah, I have a Wiikey, too, but didn't encounter something like this, yet.

5. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    i'm sure there must be some gear wrong in the dvd drive, because that should not happen!

6. TaMs

TaMs Randomizer

Nov 15, 2006
    Finland
    That sounds cool : D i want wii like that.
    Never heard of problem like that before.. but reminds me one where wii randomly removed the dvd when it was in stand by mode. Someone wrote about it here. [​IMG]

7. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    omg... please film it! PLEASE!

8. Remy669

Remy669 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2007
    Netherlands
    Does it really get out and fall on the floor? Or does half of the disc stay in the drive, like it would normally do?

9. PaulieD

PaulieD Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2007
    Brisbane, Queensland
    I have heard of another persons wii doing the same thing... But it doesn't sound to common... Did it come premodded or
    did you do the install?